Second Skin Audio

Plz teach me about 4th and 6th order enclosures

Fish Chris

I've seen plenty of diagrams, and they don't seem too awefully complicated or tricky.... at least not when compared to T-lines (rolling eyes)  Id really just like to know what the advantages of such an enclosure would be ? For myself, the test bed is always my truck, where I already have a 4 sets of mid/high components, four 8" mid-bass drivers, and a RF Power 1000 5ch which makes 965 wts RMS on the sub channel..... and a big, open space for any kind of square box up to 8 or 10 cubic feet.

What would a 4th or 6th order enclosure for my two Dayton HO 15"s look like ? How many total cubes ? .... or even, for my pair of NVX 10"s ? 

I'm actually in the middle of my tuned, ported isobaric build for the 15"s right now.... but unless this just comes out freaking awesome, I'll probably want to try something else soon :)

Oh, I should add, I like LOUD..... but I like a pretty flat response as well. If its going to have any prominent peaks, Id want that to be down low enough, so it doesn't drown out my actual music too much.

Thank you.

Archived