Sonic Electronix

Can I make a car a 3 way system?

I have a 2018 Toyota Corolla it has a 2 way component system. Is there a way I can make it in to a 3 way system to add some mids? Would it be beneficial? or should I just stick with 2 way? I have:

Headunit: Sony XAV-AX5000

4 channel Amp: SRX 300.4

Mono Amp: Gravity Warzone 5000 1D

Front Speakers: Mephis Audio PRX60C

Rear 6x9: Memphis Audio PRX6903

I am looking to upgrade the speakers and amps what do y'all recommend?

1 hour ago, destro57 said:

I have a 2018 Toyota Corolla it has a 2 way component system. Is there a way I can make it in to a 3 way system to add some mids? Would it be beneficial? or should I just stick with 2 way? I have:

Headunit: Sony XAV-AX5000

4 channel Amp: SRX 300.4

Mono Amp: Gravity Warzone 5000 1D

Front Speakers: Mephis Audio PRX60C

Rear 6x9: Memphis Audio PRX6903

I am looking to upgrade the speakers and amps what do y'all recommend?

I've heard 3 way systems can either sound really good or terrible. If you want a system that wont be a hassle to setup go 2 way. I only have a set of RF T2 components no rear fill and it sounds great. All preference but a solid 2 way would be easier to get right. 

It depends on your goals.  Judging that you have a 5K mono amp you might be a SPL kinda guy.  Are you trying to keep up w/ the bass with your mids & highs?   The goal with a 3-way front stage is usually SQ orientated,  the purpose is to bring your sound up onto the dash like you would see on stage is exactly what and how you hear thru your system. IMO   There all kinds of ways to build systems and what there purposes are for.

You shit that bangs only for spl.  You got bass machine for rap and flexing, you have SQ & SQL systems,  factory upgraded systems.

Set a goal & budget and then a shit ton a research.  I tell everyone.... it all in the install. Sound  Deadening is a must to get loud, to sound good, and achieve what ever goal you have.  If you learn the mechanics of what a speaker does you understand how to make it work the best in the environment.  It usually takes more time than cost, lots of budget friendly products out there.  The end result is night and difference,  You can always make shity speakers sound good but w/ no prep high end speaker sound like shit! 

Any way sorry to rant just trying to give my opinion.

Archived