Second Skin Audio

American Bass VFL-8D4 opinions.

Scotnemily

1 hour ago, Scotnemily said:

Just got off the phone, they definitely want them back. They are also looking into why I am not getting the correct item. I maybe could have asked to keep them, but that isn’t my way. If they offer I will except, otherwise I didn’t ask for a hand out.

just an fyi, after you return the original stuff that was previously agreed upon, you are under no legal obligation to return the new vfl subs.  it's federal law that if something comes addressed to you at your residence you are legally allowed to keep it as it immediately becomes your property.

personally i'd send back the yellow boys and xds and keep the new vfls, they can take that as a lesson on how to properly package and list.  you're not hurting anyone.

Yeah I am definitely going to send the extra stuff back. As long as it isn’t costing me shipping I don’t mind sending it back. Yeah someone made a mistake. And while it looks like it has worked out in my favor, I know how things go. Something bad will happen if I don’t send the 2 extra ones back. As for the rest? I am probably keeping the new VFL’s 

so what i would do is ask them exactly what they want shipped back (unless it was already covered under the previously started return).  if the 2 extras aren't mentioned and no one has brought that up (i think you said you mentioned it, not sure) then keep the 2 extras too, as a gift, from amazon to you.

annnnnd let me know what you want for the 2 extras ;)

Lol no my dumb ass told them about it already. They already issued return shipping labels for them. I of course Am welcome to keep any of these items I have received as long as I am willing to pay the $77 each. It was mentioned and I agreed that if I didn’t return the replacements I would be charged the purchase price. I am the only one except you guys who know exactly what I was sent and when. They can’t say I didn’t send back the correct VFL subs when I keep the new model. I never described any of them. I just told them they  are not the same spec and don’t match the pictures of the items I ordered which is 100% the truth. This would actually be the case no matter what they sent though since they had pics and specs for more than one model sub in the listing and I don’t remember now but I am not sure any of what was in the listing matched exactly what I got. I am keeping each group of subs in their own sections in the living room so I can keep track of what I got and when. 

Overall though even if I have really been wanting to try another brand subwoofer, the decision to go with American Bass has probably been the best car audio choice I have made. Mostly because they also messed up with my xr 12’s and those ended up being free. And I have an extra one. Now I have 4 VFL comps for $309. I hear they can go for twice that or more for 4 of them. It of course can be frustrating at the time and I do have to take time out of my extremely busy day to haul the extra stuff back to ship. But I got a good deal so that is worth some extra work.

I would love to try some CT sounds or some soundqubed subs though.

Archived