Sundown Audio

help with amp recommendations for my setup

DayV914

I bought 4 pioneer ts-m650pro to replace my stock door speakers in my 2012 jetta. I was looking at getting 4 pioneer ts-b400pro tweeters to go along with this. I currently have 2 12" pioneer premier championship series sub's from back in the day that I passed over from my old car and these 2 subs are being powered by a jl audio jx1000/1 amp. I also have an audiocontrol epicenter in place. I'm sorry I don't know much about this I am new and I am seeking some help. I am looking to build a decent sound system that is budget friendly. Would I need two amps 1 for the mids and 1 for the tweeters or can I use 1 amp to power everything? Can you guys tell me what you would recommend me to get I was looking at a rockville rxa-f1 amp. The amp is 1600w peak and 800rms which would be enough for my speakers since they are 110rms each but would not be sufficient to power both my speakers and tweeters. If I go with 1amp only would I also need to get crossovers for the tweeters? If possible I would prefer to buy 1 amp instead of two. Can you guys recommend me an amp that I can go with for my mids and tweeters and also if a crossover would be needed can you guys also recommend me one. Appreciate any help provided. Also if you guys can recommend other tweeters instead of these please do so.

This is why I hate brands like Rockville. That amp is 4x65@4ohms or 4x125@4ohms depending on what rating you pick to believe. Probably not nearly as much power as you are hoping for either way. 

If you don't have passive crossovers and want to fade between front and rear then you need 8 channels of amp (two 4 channel amps for example). If you don't care about fading then you need 4 channels.

If you do have passive crossovers and want to fade between front and rear then you need 4 channels of amp (a 4 channel amp). If you don't care about fading then you need 2 channels.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

2 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

This is why I hate brands like Rockville. That amp is 4x65@4ohms or 4x125@4ohms depending on what rating you pick to believe. Probably not nearly as much power as you are hoping for either way. 

If you don't have passive crossovers and want to fade between front and rear then you need 8 channels of amp (two 4 channel amps for example). If you don't care about fading then you need 4 channels.

If you do have passive crossovers and want to fade between front and rear then you need 4 channels of amp (a 4 channel amp). If you don't care about fading then you need 2 channels.

Thanks for the help what type of amplifiers would you recommend for me to get for my type of setup? I was looking into the rockville db45 as well that is decently priced. Would you say it's okay for me to get this amp to run my mids? It's rated at - 2 Ohm: 400 Watts x 4 Channel
- 4 Ohm: 270 Watts x 4 Channel
- 4 Ohm Bridged: 800 Watts x 2 Channel.

If this amplifier is an okay solution to power my mids. Then what amp would you recommend for me to get to power my tweeters? I wouldn't mind if I have to run 2 amplifiers. I just want my sound system to sound good. 

30 minutes ago, Mohawk Warrior said:

I recently bought those same speakers... I picked up a pioneer gm-d8704

dont know how well they work yet though.

I was looking into the pioneer amps but they seem to have more bad reviews than good. I was reading in forum sites about the pioneer series amps and people recommend to stay away from them that only the older amps that pioneer used to make are good.

1 hour ago, DayV914 said:

I was looking into the pioneer amps but they seem to have more bad reviews than good. I was reading in forum sites about the pioneer series amps and people recommend to stay away from them that only the older amps that pioneer used to make are good.

Must be why I got it for so cheap..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived