Sundown Audio

Crunch .. Cream Or Crap?

2500 watt class D "ground pounders" for $200 .. anyone know if these amps are worth crossin' paths with, and what kind of numbers they would ACTUALLY do .. just seams surreal to me :ph34r:

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

The GP2500D amps do about 1,000-1,200w RMS.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

if this is the one your talkin bout Crunch GP2500D then yes they are good amps... there are a couple of people that run that amp on this site

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

The GP2500D amps do about 1,000-1,200w RMS.

actually aren't the crunch amps unregulated so it actually depends on how much voltage you feed it... cuz i've heard people claim it to be way under rated so if u give it the normal 14.4 volts that many people run there systems at i think you can hit 2500wrms easily if not more

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2500 watts may be possible with a 16 volt system and this amp, but I'm only getting 2800 out of my Crunch GP Pro 3000D at 1ohm. The impedence rise is from 1 ohm to 2 when played and is seeing a constant 14.8 volts. The 3000D is capable of 4000-5000 watts on a 16 volt system and a low reactive load.

i'm quite sure with that misslink module, you'll see more than enough juice from that amp along with a good battery underhood and in the rear ................

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i'm quite sure with that misslink module, you'll see more than enough juice from that amp along with a good battery underhood and in the rear ................

would it be cheaper to just run a hifonics amp? i'm only lookin' for 1250 - 1700 watts, that's what i asked cause i figured they were underated, unless someone knows a better amp around the same price?

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

at wat ohm load are you lookin the 1250-1700?

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

1, D2's wired in parallel

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

is that one sub dual 2 ohm wired in parallel if thats wat ur tryin to say then thats a one ohm load so u want 1250-1700wrms at one ohm?

SMDsigbannr9.jpg