DSP408 install question

Hey guys, back with another question about my build. In my research for installing my Dayton DSP I’ve seen conflicting opinions on RCAs, some people saying you need to run a 4 channel RCA to the DSP and others saying you can get away with just L&R and the DSP will parse our individual channels and their frequencies. 

Does anybody have insight into which of these is correct? If i need to run an RCA for each individual channel what would i do for my sub in this particular instance? Just forego tuning and let the head unit run it? The HU is an Alpine CDE143BT if that makes a difference. I’m also installing an Epicenter In-Dash, anybody know where that would get wired in all this mess? Any insight would be great. 

Sorry, I’m not the best at organizing my thoughts. Hopefully somebody gets what I’m on about. Thank you guys!

12 hours ago, Stoneylowe said:

Hey guys, back with another question about my build. In my research for installing my Dayton DSP I’ve seen conflicting opinions on RCAs, some people saying you need to run a 4 channel RCA to the DSP and others saying you can get away with just L&R and the DSP will parse our individual channels and their frequencies. 

Does anybody have insight into which of these is correct? If i need to run an RCA for each individual channel what would i do for my sub in this particular instance? Just forego tuning and let the head unit run it? The HU is an Alpine CDE143BT if that makes a difference. I’m also installing an Epicenter In-Dash, anybody know where that would get wired in all this mess? Any insight would be great. 

Sorry, I’m not the best at organizing my thoughts. Hopefully somebody gets what I’m on about. Thank you guys!

I'm curious about this too, as I have a brand new  Dayton 408 DSP sitting on my dresser right here beside me. 

Been procrastinating about putting it in, as I don't really want to bother, until I can find someone with 1) a Laptop, 2) a mic, and 3) some DSP tuning experience, so that I can dial that thing in to spot on perfect, in one afternoon.

I'm expecting to pay for this.... Just not anything retarded like they want to charge over at Paradigm.... $200 an hour ? Come on man, give me an ef'ng break !

I can't imagine that you have to use all 4 inputs. It looks like you can assign the inputs to the outputs so you can get away with only using 2 inputs. If you want some fading options at the headunit you might be less than happy with only 2 inputs though. 

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Yes it absolutely can, DSP's are all about input mixing.  If you go to the Dayton website and download the manual you'll find a picture of the input mixing screen.  You can mix any proportion of the 4 inputs independently into each of the 8 channels.  If for some reason you wanted to you could only hook up the left RCA for the input 2 and then map that mono signal to all 8 channels.

Archived