I know you guys WANT vids, I am just a little sidetracked right now. I did get the new Eclipse CD7000 into the dash about an hour ago, but it was to hot outside to sit in the garage and play with all the settings, just messed with the screensavers, movies, and button colors so far, but it sounds great and is pretty powerful all by itself. I got it new in the box for $249, I think its the 2006 model. Fits into my poor mans theme real well. I bought it strictly for it's 5v preouts, auto eq with microphone and 3 way active crossover with time alignment.

My biggest dilema right now is the front Kinetik battery, HC1800, it is taller than normal which means I have to ditch the factory plastic battery tray and set it right on the metal support. I plan to use a small bracket to keep it in place. The positive terminal is OK, but I have to do something custom on the negative side, luckily Kinetiks use either a bolt or a post, so that'll help. I figure until that battery is in there and secure, I'm not really getting anywhere.

I have to pull the head unit again Friday to put in the Ipod adaptor and will run the remote turn on wire, and RCAs at that time, too.

I REALLY appreciate all the support from you guys here on SMD and the patience waiting for VIDs, figured you guys would have given up on me by now. I have one local friend who understands this stuff, but you guys are my stereo family.

This whole build is kinda overwhelming me lately, but I am almost there.

Yes, it will be 1100 watts rms to all the subs (not each) and ~445 rms to the rest of the mids/highs for now, maybe double the watts will be available to the mids and highs when I go active 3-way, with another 4 channel amp, but I won't need to use all that power for a front stage!

I'm not sure about the monitor up on the windshield just yet, we'll see what happens.

....and I do not in any way consider myself to be "up there with the big guys", I am just doing this for myself, and hope it will SLAM!

Anyway here are a 4 pics of the new head unit, I can't figure out how to get my camera to take a clear shot of the screen, yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

That looks like a badass head unit! Can we get a link of the site you bought it from??

Sure, it was eBay, dynamicautosound....now I have no idea how many they have, but you can contact them to see what is available, they do have the newer Eclipse units on eBay, as well as other brands.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ECLIPSE-CD7000-CAR...bayphotohosting

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

....and I do not in any way consider myself to be "up there with the big guys", I am just doing this for myself, and hope it will SLAM!

I consider you to be up there with the more creative guys. You've done a killer job so far and the build is awesome. Keep up the good work!

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

Me too. I'm in Round Rock. Where you at??

Cool, Jollyville, about 15 miles southwest of you. I have a buddy who is a pro installer nearby in Hutto!

Do you go to the saturday night gathering up there? I have not been since they moved from Cedar Park.

If so, PM me, and maybe we can meet. I plan to start going again once I get the stereo up and running.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Cool, Jollyville, about 15 miles southwest of you. I have a buddy who is a pro installer nearby in Hutto!

Do you go to the saturday night gathering up there? I have not been since they moved from Cedar Park.

If so, PM me, and maybe we can meet. I plan to start going again once I get the stereo up and running.

\

very nice install homie

4 I.A. Warden 15s

8 I.A. 20.1s

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race Points Champ/Over all champ

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race S.C. Regional Champ

2010 FL Regional Middle Weight Champ

2010 INAC Middle Weight Bass Boxing Champ

• 2 weeks later...

My weekend was spent doing some bracing and painting the backside with black bedliner (rollon stuff). I may still paint over the bedliner with grey fleckstone,not sure yet.

The 1/0 is in the car but not hooked up yet, it was a pain in the Axx!!! I had to mod my kick panel to get it through and still have a functional hood release. That was a days work that I had not planned on, but running 2 runs of 1/0 inside a PT Cruiser without having to drill any holes is pretty good, I guess!

I have just about figured out how to do the front kinetik, just a few more details, and have to find some 8 gauge rings for the buss bars, but it's gettin there!

....I loaded up on Derricks decals, too!

Posted Image

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Archived