I had 4 of them in a sealed box a few weeks ago, they are excellent subs for such a cheap price, so I bought 4 more of them! They are NOT an SPL sub, but they pound pretty good!

Hifonics is a really underestimated product line/company, on a tight budget, you can't find anything better!

Posted Image

besides DC :P

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

you could always just double layer the top with mdf, then put a layer of glass down.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

you could always just double layer the top with mdf, then put a layer of glass down.

Thanks, I have some extra mdf, so that might be the way for me to go. I could go 3 layers on top or a combo of 1 layer and a 2x4 added to that. I plan to add a second layer over the back center, but Steve emphasized that the top center needs more attention.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Man i was thinking about doing a set up like this , But then i was like naw the world would neer accept it ha ha ha But i must say yours looks pretty kick ass ! keep up the good work !!!!

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Great Looking install. Your really getting to work on that thing. I can smell SOTM for you once it gets done.

LOL, Thanks, but I think SOTM is for the heavy hitters here. I'm just glad I didn't get tossed off the site for wanting a mini version of what has to be the most spectacular car stereo I have ever seen!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

moar pix!!!!!!!!!!!

-Drew

Sorry man, I haven't got anything new right now. I have been sitting there staring at it trying to decide how to secure the little Kinetik battery in the hatch and a way to place the 3 Crunch amps, I kinda wanna stack them. I don't wanna go too fast then end up re-doing something.

Everything stopped while I see what is needed to strengthen the top and back some more. I still have to cut the front panels out to match the shape of the rear doors, too.

I promise, I'll post up some pics this weekend even if they are just of the amps or something.

This is not going to be a quick build for me. I still have to pull both front seats, the forward carpet, and the center console just to get the wiring in, and that will NOT happen til next month.

I'm so surprised everyone is watching this. :huh::lol:

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Ok, just so I don't get lurched, here are some older pics just to keep things going. Yes that is the old sealed box that was only in the car for a few weeks, then I discovered SMD! 2 of the new amps mounted on the old box, and my -other- head unit, Jensen 9312 touchscreen.

OK, I really have no more after these! Check back this weekend http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG