Hypnotik DesignZ Posted January 20, 2009 Report Posted January 20, 2009 don't want to thread jack but i had the older version of those 12's with 300watts a peice Jensen 9511TS~For Sale JL Audio 300/4~For Sale JL Audio1000/1~For Sale Mephis 6.5 componet sets front and rear 4 15" Fi Q's in a 16 cuft box tuned to 29hrz
Hypnotik DesignZ Posted January 20, 2009 Report Posted January 20, 2009 don't want to thread jack but i had the older version of those 12's with 300watts a peice Jensen 9511TS~For Sale JL Audio 300/4~For Sale JL Audio1000/1~For Sale Mephis 6.5 componet sets front and rear 4 15" Fi Q's in a 16 cuft box tuned to 29hrz
Gotloud555 Posted January 20, 2009 Report Posted January 20, 2009 Look good! Didn't mind to ask but what holding the enclosures on the vehicle? Work look very neat and cleans. The car is standard too. Nice!!
ptcary Posted January 21, 2009 Author Report Posted January 21, 2009 Look good! Didn't mind to ask but what holding the enclosures on the vehicle? Work look very neat and cleans. The car is standard too. Nice!! The enclosure is bolted to the floor on each side. The subs are excellent for an entry level sub, I paid $20 a piece for them online. They are not an SPL sub by any means and handle 300w RMS, I am running ~137w RMS to each one right now, still unsure if I will upgrade amps up into the Hifonics line, maybe a BXI2608 or something. I have no problems with the subs at all, they just need more power, but the entire setup at 1500w RMS gets so freaking loud as it is, I should probably leave it alone. Its a musical system, not for tones or competition. Customizing the car started the day I got it. It used to have a Kicker 15" then a 10" a/d/s sub, then 4 12" Hifonics, and now 8 12"s. I have a lot more invested in the car than I do in the stereo, but it's all good. Next comes an H&R suspension! Thanks again to you loyal followers of the build. Thanks to all those who understood this build from the start that it was never intended to be an SPL vehicle, and again to Steve for letting me borrow his incredible design! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted January 22, 2009 Author Report Posted January 22, 2009 don't want to thread jack but i had the older version of those 12's with 300watts a peice No problem, I had actually seen your vid when I started my build along with some guy on youtube called wizkid. After watching these vids, I knew for sure that I would be ok with these subs. I orginally thought that the Crunch amps would put out 1100 watts each, but when I found out that they 550-650 each, I continued along anyways! I am still am toying around with ideas of an amp upgrade come tax time. Wizkids 8 12"s.... name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted January 22, 2009 Author Report Posted January 22, 2009 Ok CRAP! Wiring>me! So I'm talking with the guys over on the Hifonics forums and discover that I have calculated wrong and have two sets of 2 ohm loads! 4 subs each. Does nothing for my current amplifiers, but will make upgrading very easy, cause I can parallel the two loads together for a 1 ohm load!!!!! I am now thinking Hifonics BXi 2608D.... 2600 x 1 @ 1 ohm, even if it is over rated, it should be about perfect! Might need a bigger rear battery, though. **EDIT: for reference, the amp should do ~2200 watts rms mono at 1 ohm load, and I plan on an second Kinetik HC600. I plan to stick with ~450 watts rms to the mids/highs/center channel. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
eliassami5 Posted January 22, 2009 Report Posted January 22, 2009 After reading your thread about 4 months ago i decided to go ahead with my system build even though i didnt have enough funds at the time, i figured i'd build a temp box and throw 2 of these in it and see how long it lasts me till i can save up for an fi q 15. I didnt have high expectations since i knew they were only 35 dollar subs..but wow they surprised me. Although they are only getting 225 watts a piece they pound pretty hard for only being a 450 watt setup, and going from a 12" l7 being fed 1500watts rms to these 2 12s was like night and day in the sq area. Most other cheap subs will burn up after a month or two the way i play my music, but i play these things at full tilt for 2+ hours and they still hold up like a champ. Although, im tempted to strap them up at 1 ohm just to see what they do lol, maybe when i order the fi q ill have a little fun with them. Oh and if any1 wants to buy 3 or more of these subs for less money than the site ptcary posted up, then go to Onlinecarstereo. The site that you posted up charges just as much for shipping as the subs are worth lol, OCS has free shipping if you buy more than $100 worth of stuff. Just an FYI 91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep Just Empty Every Pocket 96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x [sPL_4_U] HiFonics - Alpine Pioneer - Clarion Infinity - Kicker KnuKonceptz
ptcary Posted January 22, 2009 Author Report Posted January 22, 2009 After reading your thread about 4 months ago i decided to go ahead with my system build even though i didnt have enough funds at the time, i figured i'd build a temp box and throw 2 of these in it and see how long it lasts me till i can save up for an fi q 15. I didnt have high expectations since i knew they were only 35 dollar subs..but wow they surprised me. Although they are only getting 225 watts a piece they pound pretty hard for only being a 450 watt setup, and going from a 12" l7 being fed 1500watts rms to these 2 12s was like night and day in the sq area. Most other cheap subs will burn up after a month or two the way i play my music, but i play these things at full tilt for 2+ hours and they still hold up like a champ. Although, im tempted to strap them up at 1 ohm just to see what they do lol, maybe when i order the fi q ill have a little fun with them. Oh and if any1 wants to buy 3 or more of these subs for less money than the site ptcary posted up, then go to Onlinecarstereo. The site that you posted up charges just as much for shipping as the subs are worth lol, OCS has free shipping if you buy more than $100 worth of stuff. Just an FYI Yep! Just like the rest of the Hifonics entry level stuff they get overlooked and written off. They are great subs. I plan to have mine for a loooooong time, just need some more power, but i'm working on it. Glad to hear you are happy with them, too! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted February 9, 2009 Author Report Posted February 9, 2009 Tax return update! Audioque AQ2200D on its way. UPS: Type: Package Status: In Transit Scheduled Delivery: 02/09/2009 Shipped To: AUSTIN, TX, US Shipped/Billed On: 02/05/2009 Service: GROUND Special Instructions: SIGNATURE REQUIRED Weight: 22.00 Lbs Hmm...100 watts per pound! Thanks Audioque! ...and Thanks to Darvex for new fuses and another Kinetik battery to power this thing! COME ON UPS! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
BigPimpin91 Posted February 9, 2009 Report Posted February 9, 2009 Tax return update! Audioque AQ2200D on its way. UPS: Type: Package Status: In Transit Scheduled Delivery: 02/09/2009 Shipped To: AUSTIN, TX, US Shipped/Billed On: 02/05/2009 Service: GROUND Special Instructions: SIGNATURE REQUIRED Weight: 22.00 Lbs Hmm...100 watts per pound! Thanks Audioque! ...and Thanks to Darvex for new fuses and another Kinetik battery to power this thing! COME ON UPS! What happened to Hifonics? BigPimpin91's Banging Music
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.