Sorry but slow progress today; got some "layering" done. The tunnel now has 3 layers of mdf on top, and the back has 2, loaded them with construction adhesive and scews, so it's solid! I can pound on it with my fist and get nothing out of it, it is stong! I want to add some 2x4s to the sides as well. The 2x2s are to add some support to the spacer panel that is going up top, no speakers going in it, maybe some LED lights or something.

I bought a nice piece of poplar 6 ft by 3/4 inch x 6" for my spacer up top between the top of the box and the roof, only to get it home and it's 5 1/2 inches not 6" http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Also discovered that my new Kinetik HC1400 is literally 5mm to big to squeeze in under the hood! I will have figure something and lay it on it's back in there. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif So I got some work done for a mount for the small HC600 in the back.

The good news was while searching for some fabric to fiberglass my a-pillars I came across some nice prefab wooden discs to use!

I'm takin tomorrow off from the build, going to visit my friend so he can look things over for me, then headed to my parents house for a visit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Sorry for the delay for those interested in my "little" build, the heat of summer has returned to TX, so I only work on it til about 1pm, then it gets to hot outside.

I tested each bank of 4 12"s with a 9v battery to check my wiring and to make sure that each one is in phase, and everthing checked out, so I got to work on the fronts, made them out of birch to see what the stuff is like, and must say that I like it!

Also was my first time using a router to roundover the edges! ... so they will need a little more sanding to get them perfect.

Still got a lot of sanding and some wood filler to do, but at least the big stuff is done! I guess I am going to add an smaller sheet of MDF to the sides of the box in the rear doors for the last bit of added strength.

I still plan to paint it, but grey carpet is starting to seam interesting, too!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

awesome

cant wait to see how this thing does

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

So it is ported and has poly fill in it wont it just blow out of the port

When ive put polyfill in a box before, ive just put chickenwire/gutter guard stuff over the end inside the box

Archived