Second Skin Audio

Kicker L7 Vs. Dc Lvl 4

sorry man , missed the part where u said u ordred it already.. Yea my buddy has 2 12w3 v3's off a 1000/1 in a 95 talon, and my trunk car w 2 lv 3's got him by a lil over 1 db :) .. I do love how his sounds tho.. Not the subs just a hatchback in general, I feel more air movement more of a full sound than any other trunk car ive heard

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

OH yeah man. Hatchbacks might as have been built for bass bro . sounds like your in a damn bass machine haha. Yeah JL has great SQ but i think DC makes the best all around subs you can buy. I've heard Kicker, Alpine, DC, JL, Sony (lol), DD, Audiopipe, Pioneer (lol again), and several more brands all first hand and DC gets them all hands down, most have too much mechanical noise, or they're great sounding but at the tax of not very loud. I've owned Kicker Cvr's, L7's .. JL W1V2's and a 13.5 W6 and i still would roll DC over any of them. =] Best of luck with your Lvl 3's by the way.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

Yepp.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

quality wise i have heard that L7's have a tendency to blow or pop

I have my 15" L7 for alittle over 2 yrs being pushed by a ZX1500 (1500 watts rms) with no problems. Most equiment failer is due to user error from what i have seen. The L7 is a very good product. And if giving clean power gets really loud and doesn't sound bad doing it. Maybe not SQ type sound but fairly clear and blanced.(NO one uses 15's for SQ anyway) I'm also changing over to DC but it isn't becuase of any problems with my kicker stuff. And I have no problem buying from them in the future. I started completeing this year and feel I would have a better chance with 2 12" instead of 1 15. And to DC Lvl 4 will get louder then 2 12"L7 with less power so they are in and the kicker are out. I'm changing my kicker amps to sundown. But also these changes aren't because I don't like kicker but are because most of my comp is using DD & Stetsom and the kicker stuff is mainly for the streets. The DC are more efficiency(sp) then the L7 so they will get louder with less power so thats why I'm going with them. When the Sundown saz-2000D is released I will change to that. Again not that the 1500 isn't a good amp but when your comp is doing over 3000 watts @ .5 and your amp is only 2 ohms stable and even burping it @ 1 ohm your only getting 2000-2500 watts then you need to change. Kicker as always have and always will make a good product. If Kicker had a amp that could 3k and only had a 200amp draw then that would be my amp but my class rules say 1 amp 200 amp draw max so sundown amp for next season. But my kicker stuff isn't going anywhere it getting move to the family car :lol: .

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

ya, i have 2 15" DC lvl 4's on their way. reading this thread makes me happy with my purchase. because no one in my town has DC, FI, RE and they have never heard of them. its Pioneer, MTX, JL, Orion, Kicker, Kenwood, RF, thats here, the stuff that can cost a ton. so stupid. i love the smaller companies.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

LVL4XL's? Jeeze that will be SICK dude.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

Haha yeah. I tried to tell my buddy who runs one 12" L7 about DC the other day. He was like "Dude, you know why i have heard of these brands? Cause they all suck!" I got a big grin on my face when he also stated "My 12 would kill one of those no name poop subs" .. just wait and see bro =]

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

Oh yeah, one thing out of there you're def. right about CUSTOMER SERVICE, i've had several friends send their L7's and CVR's back to kicker, and take months for them to get back. My friend sent his because it blew, had the warranty so he mailed it about a month ago back to kicker with all the info. He has prom tonight and another next weekend and has to borrow soem W6's from my buddy cause kicker has taken so long. You'd think with a company that everyone thinks is so "great" they'd be able to get on their shit faster, rather than that they take forever, never answer peoples phone calls when it comes to getting shit repaired anway, and when you call they say that noones remembered to get on it yet. Tell that story to someone who has a competition or a big thing coming up.

all warranty is done within 24 hours, 36-48 on electronics, IF the new woofer replacement is in stock. OUT of stock, does happen. But, if you send it in, and it takes time and we have the stock, is either you are out of warranty or you did not send a copy of your receipt. 90% of the items sent in for warranty, other than electronics, is repalced with new, same day.

Tell me your 'friends' RMA, and I'll find out 'exactly' what transpired.

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

He's called kicker tons of times, i don't really care what you say. He was so pissed he put the phone on speaker and asked the guy again. "Noone's gotten to it". 90% of the time we call during buisness hours kicker doesn't answer anyway. It lost kicker interest in several i knew that aspired to owning kicker product. He sent it back with all information that they said was needed, including the reciept, and has yet to get it back. It's not my friends fault by any means and i don't care what you say, any company will say they have "this service," but it takes that dedication to their customers to live up to it.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

Archived