¿Problem wiring JS alternator?

I’m installing a JS alternator and they sent me a pigtail that i have to adapt to my truck (Ford 4.0 OHV). Problem is they only tell me what to do with 2 of the 4 wires on it, i have no idea what to do with the P and F wires, and none of the wires on my factory harness are labeled as either of those.

So far i just have the one that attaches to the positive post on the alt and the one that runs to ignition. That leaves one wire from my trucks harness unused, as well as the P and F wires on the JS pigtail, and I’m worried it runs something important. 

Hopefully that makes sense, sorry I’m not super articulate and can post pics if it helps.

Here’s the factory alternator wiring, the yellow and white wire running towards the fuse box is the one that would be left unconnected the way it stands now.

1997_ford_ranger_charging_system.jpg

On their harness there should be a yellow wire you send that wire to your L terminal on your factory harness and you take the blue wire and stick it on your hot stud from your alternator this will cause you to charge alternator is internally regulated you will receive a battery light because this bypasses the PCM you should have on board aftermarket voltage gauge you keep an eye on voltage

Used t-taps to get your L terminal from your factory harness tap right underneath the factory harness on The wire

I have A Brand X alternator and I had the same issue luckily my builder spent his Sunday afternoon about 90 minutes on messenger with me walking me through it

in the process I also picked his brain a little bit about alternators in general let me see what your pigtail looks like

Archived