What kind of electrical is stock in a 200? ish cavalier i amp putting a system in one soon and am wondering if i could get away with pulling 120 amps from it stock if i do the big three in 4 gauge wire the only reason im not doing it all in 0/1 gauge is that kid has a sorta tight budget Thanks Aaron

what year exactly? I believe that they are all 105 amps from 1995 all the way to 2005.

The ecotec engines are trickier for high output alts if you are planning to go that route. Something about the alt kicks off at high rpms or something. I cant remember at this time. The Z24 has the alternator on the bottom and the biggest you can squeeze in there is a 200 amp. The shitty 2.2 ohv engine is the best audio wise. It lets you fit a large case gm and you can get the big daddy 300 ampers.. If you have any questions about a cavalier specifically the 2.2 let me know. I have one and I've torn it apart and put it back together so many times I can do it in my sleep.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

also big three in four gauge should be fine for awhile. Just remember you are over doing it and will cause premature failure. Also make sure he keeps his battery juiced well and maybe a voltage gauge that way you can see just how much abuse you are piling on. I got a way with 2 1000 bds on stock electrical with stock battery for a yr and the stock alt is still kickin actually. knock on wood. lol. but I would highly suggest upgrading to the 1/0 gauge deep cycle and a ho alt if he plans on beating the ever living daylights out of it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well the amp im planning for it is an Audioque 1200D if i could get more money outa him for this project i would run 0/1 gauge thru the whole car so im asuming that the alt at best is only 105 amps if so think i might try to get him to shellout the dough for a deep cycle Stephen what kind of battery do you have in your cavalier