I'm a little confused

Dafaseles

1 hour ago, 121gigawatts said:

That b2 amp can be bridged at 4ohms. Not 2ohms. Most 4 channel amps bridge at 4ohms. So 4 8ohm drivers is ideal. 

Thinking about it, I'm kind of kicking around the idea of running 2 sets of 8's parallel, then running 2 sets of 8" and tweeter. 6 8's and 2 tweeters. That should fit where I want to put it, not to mention look cool as hell with all those speakers lined up

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Make sure all your tweeters are the same size and all your speakers are the same size for the best sound quality. Running different size speakers is like running different size subs. It’s better to keep the sizes the same when it comes to matching mids, highs and lows. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

So replace them 6.5” speakers upfront with 8” Memphis mojo pro midrange drivers for sake of the Memphis crossovers.

https://www.memphiscaraudio.com/product-page/mjp82

and are they VIV crossovers or mojo pro crossovers? 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

3 hours ago, 121gigawatts said:

Make sure all your tweeters are the same size and all your speakers are the same size for the best sound quality. Running different size speakers is like running different size subs. It’s better to keep the sizes the same when it comes to matching mids, highs and lows. 

My speaker sizes are already all mixed matched. The VIV component sets came with 1" silk dome tweeters, I'm also running the 3.5" bullet tweeters on either side of the deck, and the VIV's are 6.5's and in the back doors I'm running the 8" marine coaxials. I just remember when I first got my truck back from the shop, my wife (girlfriend then)  and I where driving somewhere, and before I got the VIV's i had an 8 in each door. I don't remember what brand they where or series, they where literally in my truck for only 2 weeks. Anyway, we where listening to the band Tool with the volume cranked and the feeling you would get in your chest from the snare drum was amazing! The VIV's sound amazing, don't get me wrong. I love them. But I don't get that snare drum in your chest feeling from them. I'm hoping I get that feeling back with the row of 8's. Sound quality really only has to sound good to me. I'm not trying to win any competitions. And getting rid of the VIV's are out of the question. Those things where expensive! Lol

3 hours ago, 121gigawatts said:

So replace them 6.5” speakers upfront with 8” Memphis mojo pro midrange drivers for sake of the Memphis crossovers.

https://www.memphiscaraudio.com/product-page/mjp82

and are they VIV crossovers or mojo pro crossovers? 

The VIV's are on the VIV crossover that Memphis designed just for those. It's pretty cool. It's quite adjustable and, if you wanted, you could actually dedicate a channel to the 6.5's and then give the tweeters there own channel as well. Or you can just hook them up normally, tweeter and driver on one amp channel. The 3.5" bullet tweeters are running off the mojo pro crossover. 

2 hours ago, 121gigawatts said:

Awe man, I’m jealous about that system. Make sure you show that off on here when you’re done. I wanna see it. 

I can't wait to get started. I'm excited! I've always wanted a crazy banger but I needed to learn more before that happened. Then on a black Friday deal on the FI website I saw a crazy ass deal. Just mentioned it to my wife and she said to buy them. I don't think she quite understood when I told her it was going to be expensive as hell to set up a whole new system around them lol. I got all 4 of them delivered to my house for under $1800. I'll do the posting progress pics things on this forum so everyone can tell me I'm doing it wrong lol. 

Archived