I'm a little confused

Dafaseles

I might be just over thinking things, but I'm a bit puzzled... I'm looking to buy a 4 channel amplifier (looking at the B2 audio Rage 600.4) my plan is... or at least my hopes are, to use this amplifier to push 4 8" midrange speakers to be mounted under my backseat. Although all of the 8" midrange speakers I've seen are 4 ohm speakers. If I wire these speakers straight up to the amp, it'll be 1 ohm, right? Do I keep looking to see if I can find 4 8 ohm 8's? Or does the whole 4 channel ohm load thing differ from a mono sub amp? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

You can bridge 4 8ohm drivers to 2 4ohm loads to that amplifier. 2 speakers ran in parallel, 2 sets, 1 set bridged to the front channels of the amp and the other set bridged to the rear channels of the amp. Get 4 8ohm 8” drivers. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

48 minutes ago, 121gigawatts said:

You can bridge 4 8ohm drivers to 2 4ohm loads to that amplifier. 2 speakers ran in parallel, 2 sets, 1 set bridged to the front channels of the amp and the other set bridged to the rear channels of the amp. Get 4 8ohm 8” drivers. 

Thank you for the quick reply. I know you're probably thinking "this guy doesn't know shit!" Lol. It just confused me that all of them I saw where 4 ohm, I started thinking there might be something I'm missing. I tend to overthink things to the point where I talk myself into thinking I must be wrong. 

39 minutes ago, 121gigawatts said:

Here’s a perfect match and PRV are the sh!t.

I looked at them. They do look dope and the price is right. I've never heard anything from that brand before though I have seen their speakers all over the internet on various builds. I'll definitely have to keep them in mind and give them serious consideration. Right now, they're the front runners. Thank you

You’re welcome. PRV speakers are a REALLY GOOD go to in the car audio crowd. Those speakers are $50 apiece. Go with PRV. Trust me. The only reason I went with different mids is because I got mid and high passive crossover component sets to make crossover easier. Like crossovers for dummies. Lol! Because I was gonna get PRVs with an active crossover, the dsp, but that thing is so complicated and I said fuck it and went with passive crossover components and I don’t think PRV makes passive crossover component sets. I’m about to check and if they do, then I’m switching up. For sure. 

42 minutes ago, 121gigawatts said:

You’re welcome. PRV speakers are a REALLY GOOD go to in the car audio crowd. Those speakers are $50 apiece. Go with PRV. Trust me. The only reason I went with different mids is because I got mid and high passive crossover component sets to make crossover easier. Like crossovers for dummies. Lol! Because I was gonna get PRVs with an active crossover, the dsp, but that thing is so complicated and I said fuck it and went with passive crossover components and I don’t think PRV makes passive crossover component sets. I’m about to check and if they do, then I’m switching up. For sure. 

Yeah, I've never messed with a dsp, but I've watched one guy I know from work do it, to much for me. I figure, I've got 4 sets of Memphis Audio (all my mids and highs are Memphis right now) VIV component sets in the front doors (2 in each door), 2 MJPT 3.5" bullet tweeters running off a mojo pro passive crossover, and 2 MXA80 8" coaxial speakers in the back doors. (The coaxial speakers are actually marine speakers. That's not a big deal, but the more I'm learning about car audio, and the more in depth I'm looking at my current system, the more I'm learning the morons at the stereo shop I had my system installed at didn't know shit!) Running off 2 JL audio jx 400.4's. I figure that, plus the 4 8's running off the 600.4, that should (hopefully) be enough for my upgrade. I won't know until I get everything installed. Crossing my fingers

That’s crazy. All my mids and highs are Memphis too. I’m running Memphis mojo pro 6.5” in all my doors, components with passive crossovers and 3.5” bullet tweeters up front, just speakers in the back. A sundown sax-100.4 pushing the my mids and highs. They are really good. What kind of subwoofer and subwoofer amp set up do you have to need all that extra mids and highs you want??

Have you seen the Dino on the Rockford Fosgate power series t1000 X5?

That fucking amplifier put out over a thousand Watts on sub channel

Stereo channels 150x4 uncertified @ 4 ohm

160x4 dynamic @ 4 ohm

150x4 certified @ 2 ohm

290 x 4 dynamic @ 2 ohm

Sub channel  750 certified @ 2 ohm

802 dynamic @ 2 ohm

812 cert. @ 1 ohm

821 uncertified @ 1 ohm

1200+ dynamic @ 1 ohm

That's absolutely in-fuckin-sane

thier t750x1 did  1700 dynamic @ 1 ohm 

The the five channel is literally my dream in and it's not that much money either considering what you're getting

Archived