Second Skin Audio

The right box for my p3

And against my better judgement since I am mad at Skar, thus I don’t fuck with them, here goes a Skar enclosure that meets the specs them subwoofers call for and it’s cheaper. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKAR-AUDIO-DUAL-12-PORTED-SUBWOOFER-ENCLOSURE-4-00-FT-3-32-HZ-SK2X12V/312639074962?epid=27037371212&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item48cabdb292:g:eKMAAOSw0Blc9Bq0:sc:ShippingMethodExpress!28110!US!-1

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

I checked them ground shaker enclosures out too and they don’t meet the specifications for them subwoofers. Them subwoofers call for 1.8 cubic feet and after subwoofer displacement, it’s 1.9 cubic feet. So 2 cubic feet per subwoofer is ideal. And 32hz-35hz is ideal, 33hz really. But 1hz and 0.1 cubic feet of a difference isn’t going to be audible so it doesn’t matter. So a 4 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 32hz is the way to go. 

I would get the first enclosure I posted but if you can’t afford $220 for it then get the Skar enclosure for $130. Both have the same frequency tuning and air space but difference in measurements and port area and length. The $220 enclosure is better but you could settle for the $130 one and still be good. But don’t settle. I wouldn’t. The $220 enclosure is the best enclosure that’s been posted on this thread in reference to what them subwoofers call for. And the company is a good company. I would of sent you to slambox usa but they recently went out of business or something because their website doesn’t pull up anymore. But the company that makes that enclosure I recommended is a good pre fab company as well.  

On 4/14/2020 at 9:10 PM, 1.21gigawatts said:

I checked them ground shaker enclosures out too and they don’t meet the specifications for them subwoofers. Them subwoofers call for 1.8 cubic feet and after subwoofer displacement, it’s 1.9 cubic feet. So 2 cubic feet per subwoofer is ideal. And 32hz-35hz is ideal, 33hz really. But 1hz and 0.1 cubic feet of a difference isn’t going to be audible so it doesn’t matter. So a 4 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 32hz is the way to go. 

if it require 1,8, then you substract the displacement of the sub, you dont add it ? so it around 1.7 ?

Archived