Supercap balancing?

It’s always easiest to just get an XS superbank that’s already ready to go (they look like a regular battery). They make them from 75 farad superbanks to 1500 farad superbanks. Get at least the 500 farad superbank. They make them in many different battery group sizes to fit you needs so you can run one under your hood instead of a regular battery. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

38 minutes ago, SGT_76 said:

What are your options about running ballance circuits on supercap banks? I've seen some builds with, and some without them. Just trying to learn, thanks.

As long as you’re not charging up near the limits of a bank(16+) balancing isn’t needed 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

I’ve  run only caps ( no batteries) for about 2 years now with out issue...14 banks of Maxwells(7000       farads 

spacer.png

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…

20 minutes ago, kalilac619 said:

I’ve  run only caps ( no batteries) for about 2 years now with out issue...14 banks of Maxwells(7000       farads 

spacer.png

Have you ever ran a lithium set up? Would you choose capacitor banks over cmax lithium banks? Because I’m thinking of doing one or the other. 

@kalilac619 Caps do bounce back quicker on a load but I’d be nervous to run straight caps if my vehicle was sitting for a couple weeks and it not being able to crank. Because I know caps don’t have a reserve. So that’s why I’m leaning towards running all lithium instead. Or throwing caps in with lithium or AGM. Or is that sitting too long thing just a myth?

1 hour ago, SGT_76 said:

What are your options about running ballance circuits on supercap banks? I've seen some builds with, and some without them. Just trying to learn, thanks.

And the XS superbanks come with balance boards in them already assembled. 

36 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

@kalilac619 Caps do bounce back quicker on a load but I’d be nervous to run straight caps if my vehicle was sitting for a couple weeks and it not being able to crank. Because I know caps don’t have a reserve. So that’s why I’m leaning towards running all lithium instead. Or is that sitting too long thing just a myth?

I’ve run almost every combo there is....tons of AGM and I ran Lifepo4 back in 2014\2015 when it became popular...I’ve tried agm and lithium combo,agm,lithium and caps combo and lithium and caps combo out of all of them just caps has always been the best... with my 14 banks on 2 Singer large case 370s I drop from 15.4 to 15.1-14.9 the lowest...one thing caps have that NO battery will have is discharge and recharge capabilities....if I drop to say 14.8 as soon as I turn the volume down i

It’s  back at 15.4 in 20 sec....only down side is like you said the reserve....if I say leave my headlights on I’ll be at 10 volts in about a half hour...BUT since caps have massive discharge capabilities I can still start my truck no problem at 10 volts 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…

What ever the voltage is when I shut my truck off is where the caps stay....my truck isn’t my daily driver so it does a lot of sitting.....When I go compete and demo all day at a show then come home I’ll be at about 15.1 after a week of sitting voltage is still at 14.3....2 weeks it’ll drop to about 13.5ish 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…

Archived