bismofunyuns Posted April 30, 2020 Report Posted April 30, 2020 Going to go ahead and start my build log. Basically just trying to put together a decently loud daily driver. This is a work in progress, so this will be a kind of slow build. Hopefully I can have everything ready to build in about 6 or so months. Equipment: Subs: 4 PSI Platform 2 HP 15” custom built. Amp: More than likely a dc 9k. Still undecided Mechman 370 Limitless lithium 45ah Plenty of 1/0 wiring. car will be a Tahoe, still waiting to find one that catches my attention. this will be a no wall build. Went ahead and got my second woofer ordered, still waiting to get them. Everyone’s a little slow due to this Coronavirus shenanigans. Will post pictures when I get them. stay tuned! Gonna be posting plenty of pics when I get everything put together.
crazydoublekick Posted April 30, 2020 Report Posted April 30, 2020 32 minutes ago, bismofunyuns said: Going to go ahead and start my build log. Basically just trying to put together a decently loud daily driver. This is a work in progress, so this will be a kind of slow build. Hopefully I can have everything ready to build in about 6 or so months. Equipment: Subs: 4 PSI Platform 2 HP 15” custom built. Amp: More than likely a dc 9k. Still undecided Mechman 370 Limitless lithium 45ah Plenty of 1/0 wiring. car will be a Tahoe, still waiting to find one that catches my attention. this will be a no wall build. Went ahead and got my second woofer ordered, still waiting to get them. Everyone’s a little slow due to this Coronavirus shenanigans. Will post pictures when I get them. stay tuned! Gonna be posting plenty of pics when I get everything put together. Stoked for progress. Been loving the GM no-walls recently! That should get down! 1993 Suburban 6 Crossfire XT3 15s Crossfire XS-16k Crossfire mids & highs and amps 65ah Cmax bank Iraggi 320a and Mechman 300a
bismofunyuns Posted May 8, 2020 Author Report Posted May 8, 2020 On 4/30/2020 at 11:39 AM, crazydoublekick said: Stoked for progress. Been loving the GM no-walls recently! That should get down! Thank ya sir. So just an update on the build.. still waiting on receiving any subs. Got two ordered, probably ordering a third next week. going to look at a Tahoe this Saturday. 2002 4WD with 156k on it clean title asking $3,000. Seems pretty cheap, hopefully it’s alright. Owner says it runs fine, no engine lights etc. if it checks out, I’ll be sure to post pics when I get it home!
bismofunyuns Posted May 12, 2020 Author Report Posted May 12, 2020 Just picked up a Tahoe today. It’s a 99. Has 158k on it, clean title got it for $2100. Definitely needs some work done to it, not perfect by any means.
bismofunyuns Posted May 12, 2020 Author Report Posted May 12, 2020 I know I was very curious on the dimensions of these cars in the cargo area, so if anyone wants to know these are the measurements I got with the back seats up. No third row seats in this one. 48” depth. about 48” wide, possibly could fit 49” 25” tall from the floor of the cargo area to the top of the back seat headrest.
BigBrucewithKia Posted May 12, 2020 Report Posted May 12, 2020 Are you running a after market headunit?
bismofunyuns Posted May 12, 2020 Author Report Posted May 12, 2020 1 hour ago, BigBrucewithKia said: Are you running a after market headunit? Yessir. I plan on using a kenwood excelon. Or an Alphine. Not sure yet
1point21gigawatts Posted May 12, 2020 Report Posted May 12, 2020 Go with a pioneer deh-80prs or a kenwood excelon kdc-x models. I run a kenwood excelon kdc-x998 and love it except for sometimes when I’m playing YouTube through the usb when the song changes there’s no volume and I have to press the face pop off button and pop it back on and then hit play on my cellphone and it plays. It get annoying sometimes but I’m almost 100% sure it’s the particular head unit I have because I’ve put it through a lot and it keeps pushing even after I messed up the remote connection in the head unit and now I have to run my remote wires to my ignition wire on my head unit. When I get another head unit, I’m getting a 80prs for sure. “How can we help you?” “And don’t forget to tell them that the customer isn’t always right.”
bismofunyuns Posted May 14, 2020 Author Report Posted May 14, 2020 Went ahead and ordered a kenwood excelon kdc-x704. Should have it by Tuesday of next week. Will post pics once I get it installed. Still waiting on subs
bismofunyuns Posted May 19, 2020 Author Report Posted May 19, 2020 Got the radio today. Been raining here all day. Was able to get the connections made on the harness. Talk about a pain in my fucking ass using butt connectors. Especially when trying to use pliers to crimp the connections. I’m sure I’ll get plenty of hate for that, but oh well lol if it comes undone I’ll just buy a proper tool and redo them. Probably would’ve been better to do it right the first time but I’m kinda rushing to get it put in
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.