Jump to content

2014 dodge 3500 crew cab build nsv3 10


Recommended Posts

Posted

Did u cut an access hole? Lol that's one way to do it for sure. Glad it came out for ya, better than destroying the box.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

 

Posted

Yes exactly and i just haooen to remember i have a piece of half inch plexy that is 1sqft and i may at some point build that into the box but saturday i want to construxt a brand new box so i can have the sub front facing in the truck cab i feel i may like the way it hits better

Posted

Scrapped last box and built a new birch one and also added a set of tx69 skar audio 6x9s to my front doors and wired them to the 150.4ab skar amp. I'm trying to post the pictures but every time I try and choose the file it tells me its to big any help with that would be appreciated!

Posted

Am currently having a difficult time tuning my system. Before building my newest birch box and replacing front 6x9s my subwoofer would hit pretty hard with no clipping on sundown sfb clip and power remote. Now on same songs its clipping quite a bit. I do notice my new box actually hits the higher notes then previous boxes and some of the really low notes it doesn't hit anymore. If anyone could give me any kind of advice or help I would be very thankful am becoming slightly confused by it all. My amps im trying to tune are a sundown sfb 8000d and a skar audio 150.4ab 4 channel. I do have a smd dd1 plus but not sure exactly how to get it to perform like I see on YouTube. 

Posted

Have got it somewhat tuned again but I'm unclear as to why when I use my smd dd1 plus to set my gain overlap on my sfb that it won't allow me to get below 10db overlap even when I turn the level knob all the way down to 0db the smd dd1 plus is reading an ovelap of 10db. Any ideas? 

20200730_122136.jpg

20200730_122021.jpg

20200730_122029.jpg

20200730_122123.jpg

Posted

Did you use all 4 speakers terminals on the bass amp in the previous install? MY Power Acoustik BAMF-5500/1D requires all 4 terminals connected to get full power to the sub. I ran 2 jumper wires.

2011 Ford Crown Vic LX, LActrical 240A alternator, A6 Pro, Orion Cobalt CBT.3500.4, 2 CO652C's, CBT.4500.1, 8 JBL GX1200's in an Isobaric BP4.

Posted

Never heard of a monoblock that needed all terminals hooked up to out full power out, they are connected inside, extra terminals are to make it easier to connect to subs, and to OP, answer is easy, ur new box is tuned higher than the old one, happens all the time, just cause Torres or whatever says 32hz sometimes it's really tuned at 35-6ish. Clipping is from higher tune trying to hit lower freqs, up ur subsonic or build another box.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

 

Posted

Ok very helpful thank you guys, now building another box is no problem I can do that any ole Saturday probably but this box is an 18×16x30... now I left my back port wall with a half double layer so that in case the tune wasn't right I could add a board with ease to extend port... the port width is just shy 3inches and is currently 24inches long i believe to get lower again i would need to extend the port maybe another 4 inches? Now if I'm being ridiculous trying to save this box, and need to just rebuild just lmk i feel like I've got air space good just not port width I don't get butthurt I really appreciate all the advice and knowledge you guys on here have its extremely helpful!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8837 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...