2014 dodge 3500 crew cab build nsv3 10

2014 dodge ram big horn crew cab with stock alternator and battery upfront still both to be upgraded soon, in the rear under rhe seat ive got an XS power d3400 powering a sundown sfb8000d and a skar 150.4ab which are runinng a sundown nsv3 10, and a skar spx 65c set. Getting more batteries and alt soon ik a lil under power supply rn but aub iant demanding all or even vlose to half of sfb so aint thag bad yet i hope 

Snapchat-603819010.jpg

Pic of the boxes i have my 6.5s and tweeters in. I would have put them in doors and dash etc but im still nervous to hack up my plastic in my truck and all. Will be ordering a mechman 370 next week! Also a d4800 to go up front as primary ill order with alt and keepin the d3400 in the back. Any tips or anything yall think i may need lmk! Been doing everything myself so far with my buddy! Also pic of my truck!

Snapchat-298570871.jpg

20200121_134454.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Basshead199789 said:

You guys have any reccomendations on some 6x9s that may fjt in place of my stock ones!? 

Don’t mix driver sizes. Having the same size drivers yields the best sound quality and plus round speakers always sound better than oval speakers. Since you already are using 6.5s, just get some 6x9 to 6.5 adapters and run some 6.5 midranges or some more 6.5 components. Either or. Either delete them 6x9s or exchange them for 6.5s.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

3 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Don’t mix driver sizes. Having the same size drivers yields the best sound quality and plus round speakers always sound better than oval speakers. Since you already are using 6.5s, just get some 6x9 to 6.5 adapters and run some 6.5 midranges or some more 6.5 components. Either or. Either delete them 6x9s or exchange them for 6.5s.

this... doesn't make sense and isn't a thing.  

7 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Front doors on dodge trucks run 6x9s , it's actually a good thing since u can get a bit more midbass up front that way since a 6x9 will play deeper than a 6.5 (or 6.75). I partially agree most oval speakers don't seem to sound as good ( my opinion tho, everyone's is different) but 6x9s usually sound damn good and alot of big companies make 6x9 components too. A 4x6 and a 5x7 ( 6x8 Ford says) don't seem to sound so good to me. 

11 hours ago, Basshead199789 said:

You guys have any reccomendations on some 6x9s that may fjt in place of my stock ones!? 

Infinity makes a nice 6x9 component set, I've put the Primus series of em in a Xterra on 80rms and they sounded great, cover at 60hz and they got low and aggressive in a minimally deadened door.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

10 minutes ago, ehall8702 said:

Front doors on dodge trucks run 6x9s , it's actually a good thing since u can get a bit more midbass up front that way since a 6x9 will play deeper than a 6.5 (or 6.75). I partially agree most oval speakers don't seem to sound as good ( my opinion tho, everyone's is different) but 6x9s usually sound damn good and alot of big companies make 6x9 components too. A 4x6 and a 5x7 ( 6x8 Ford says) don't seem to sound so good to me. 

Infinity makes a nice 6x9 component set, I've put the Primus series of em in a Xterra on 80rms and they sounded great, cover at 60hz and they got low and aggressive in a minimally deadened door.

Yeah 5x7s sound like shit. I was using 5x7s in my Ford Expedition. 6x9s do sound better than 5x7s for sure. 

4 hours ago, bmwking said:

this... doesn't make sense and isn't a thing.  

Yes it is. There’s just people that don’t know about, thus don’t go by it. Think of it like this. It’s like running different size subwoofers. Same scenario, same conflict in sound waves. Just less of a conflict in sound waves because of speakers being smaller and fed less rms. I’ve seen studies and charts that prove it. But since the speakers are different shapes and sizes that makes more of a conflict. Like running so square 15s and some round 10s. That would sound bad. But because subwoofers are bigger and see more rms and play lower frequencies, subwoofers are WAY more noticeable. Because I thought the same thing like what’s wrong with running different size mids and highs until it was explained to me and then shown to me in black and white. You can actually hear a difference when you switch 6x9s with 6.5s to match the other 6.5s and it sounds better. Not that the 6x9s and 6.5s didn’t sound good because they did. Just the switch made them sound better. I couldn’t hear a difference in sound quality when using different size round speakers. It just got louder. When switching 6.5” front stage to 8”. Not saying it wasn’t there, it just wasn’t audible. Fugh it. He can use 6x9s and be just fine. I just want dude to have the best sound quality possible. Plus he would be getting 6x9 coaxials that won’t crossover like his components and just rollover on frequencies. That’s why I said he would be better off getting some 6.5” midranges or the same components that he already has. Or he could go on parts-express.com and get some PRV 6x9 midranges. I would do all 6.5s though. But it’s whatever. The system will sound good anyways and it wouldn’t be a big difference in sound quality.

https://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-69mr500php-4-6-x-9-midrange-loudspeaker-4-ohm--294-2761

(These are not sold in pairs. You would have to buy 2) 

Damn tbh the skar spx6.5 would prolly fit in the front 6x9 spot with minor adjusment its like 31/2 inches deep im sure thatd fit... i was looking at some skar audio 6x9 but they do look to be deep im not sure id fit them and everything fit back together.... i have a skar 1k watts 150.4ab 4 channel and its only powering 1 spx65c set (2 6.5s and 2 stweeters dome), so i have alot of power available fod whatwver i go with still. Btw just letting it be known im swithing this nsv3 out for a nice new team sundown 12 or 15 here in next few weeks hahahahha...my basshead excited laugh

Archived