Diaz310 Posted May 12, 2020 Report Posted May 12, 2020 Hey guys I have a question I got a 2012 Chrysler 300 srt8 with the factory Harmon kardon sound system and I wanna upgrade I have 2 JL RD amps 400.4 and a 500.1 also I have an original audio control epicenter what audio control do you recommend to keep my factory head unit ?
1point21gigawatts Posted May 12, 2020 Report Posted May 12, 2020 Get an aftermarket head unit. And you would need to upgrade you factory speakers if you want to run a jl rd 400.4. And I would only run 1 jl rd 400.4 being that you only have a 500.1 for the subwoofer(s). Hold on to the 2nd one until you upgrade to a bigger subwoofer amp. But if you are just gonna run the factory speakers then get an aftermarket head unit and only use the 500.1 on the subwoofer(s). “How can we help you?” “And don’t forget to tell them that the customer isn’t always right.”
Dafaseles Posted May 13, 2020 Report Posted May 13, 2020 If you want to keep your factory head unit, https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/dq-61/ https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/car-audio/products/fix-86-car-audio-processors-system-tuning-98103 I've only heard good things about these 2 products... the audio control is quite a bit less expensive. But you will have to upgrade your door speakers to run that 400.4. Even though it's harmon kardon, those speakers are made to be cost effective, and to sound good on the crappy signal it's getting from the stock head unit. Either of those products above will fix that crappy signal, clean it up, and flatten the signal, or tweak it if you want. There are other factory system integration products, but these are the only 2 I've seen a few reviews for and they where all good reviews. Hope this helps 2011 Chevy Silverado under construction My build log here. Check it out!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.