Think I'm getting a new HU, your thoughts ?

3 minutes ago, fishchris1 said:

Bro, you don't know how torn I am ! I know that is a really awesome  HU.... but like I say, I've found that a lot of Dayton 408 users have reported  problems with HU's of 5 volts or higher.... Plus, the backup camera option (which coincidentally, I came about an inch from backing in to BMW SUV yesterday)

Besides all this, I think ANY new HU is going to improve my system like night and day, as I've had issues with my current Kenwood HU for a long time..... which became even more obvious this morning when I turned all my bass boost controls down to zero  (on the HU and my amp) and then had to set my amp gain to like 95%, which obviously is a problem. Honestly, I think my HU output is way lower than it should be from 1-30, then, once it gets to 31 - 35 it jumps up WAY loud..... to about what you would expect with the gain set to 95%.... Stupid. Can't wait to get that POS out of there, and replaced with something that functions properly. 

Amazing it can sound as good as it does, when I work around these issues.

That’s crazy. Most all the newer good head units have 5v preouts. Older good head units have 4v preouts. Look into a kenwood excelon kdc-x998 or kenwood excelon kdc-x997. Or find a newer head unit with preouts that aren’t 5v. Like you said, any head unit is better than what head unit you currently have. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived