Fish Chris Posted May 24, 2020 Report Posted May 24, 2020 My last two HU's were Kenwoods, and both had glitches that drove me crazy, so this time I'm thinking about a different brand. Also, here in 2020, I'm thinking about doing away with buttons. Any thoughts on this HU ? OR, do you have a new favorite HU in a similar price range that you think is a better choice, and why is that ? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130DM2660/Pioneer-DMH-2660NEX.html
Joshdashef Posted May 24, 2020 Report Posted May 24, 2020 12 minutes ago, Fish Chris said: My last two HU's were Kenwoods, and both had glitches that drove me crazy, so this time I'm thinking about a different brand. Also, here in 2020, I'm thinking about doing away with buttons. Any thoughts on this HU ? OR, do you have a new favorite HU in a similar price range that you think is a better choice, and why is that ? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130DM2660/Pioneer-DMH-2660NEX.html I think pioneer makes good head units, but never tried their touch screen ones. All I know is touchscreen dins are finicky if you go cheap on them... good news is crutchfield has mackin customer service so you can always return it if its buggy SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Fish Chris Posted May 24, 2020 Author Report Posted May 24, 2020 21 minutes ago, Joshdashef said: I think pioneer makes good head units, but never tried their touch screen ones. All I know is touchscreen dins are finicky if you go cheap on them... good news is crutchfield has mackin customer service so you can always return it if its buggy Right on. Well, several reviewers said the screen was super responsive.... and unlike my current Kenwood HU, pretty visible in daylight.
never knows best Posted May 24, 2020 Report Posted May 24, 2020 theres a super in depth article about this unit. check it out fish- Pioneer DMH-2660NEX car review
SnowDrifter Posted May 24, 2020 Report Posted May 24, 2020 I don't know what beef y'all going on with eachother, but it stops now. I don't give a damn who started it. I don't feel like playing nanny and digging through post histories. Next one I see getting shitty is getting a free vacation, knock it off. Seriously.... ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
1point21gigawatts Posted May 25, 2020 Report Posted May 25, 2020 The pioneer deh-80prs is the way to go. It’s the most popular and go to head unit in the game right now. Forget touchscreen head units and focus on audio capabilities and sound quality “How can we help you?” “And don’t forget to tell them that the customer isn’t always right.”
bmwking Posted May 25, 2020 Report Posted May 25, 2020 i have a 2550nex and its been great so far. the touchscreen is responsive i think i just move faster than it when skipping tracks sometimes or it may be a data transfer response rate thing between the HU and my ssd. But all that said, I still love it. And it has physical volume buttons, which is a definite necessity for me
1point21gigawatts Posted May 25, 2020 Report Posted May 25, 2020 18 minutes ago, bmwking said: i have a 2550nex and its been great so far. the touchscreen is responsive i think i just move faster than it when skipping tracks sometimes or it may be a data transfer response rate thing between the HU and my ssd. But all that said, I still love it. And it has physical volume buttons, which is a definite necessity for me I’ve noticed that touchscreen head units have a slow response time. Is it just slow when changing tracks on an ssd? “How can we help you?” “And don’t forget to tell them that the customer isn’t always right.”
bmwking Posted May 25, 2020 Report Posted May 25, 2020 9 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said: I’ve noticed that touchscreen head units have a slow response time. Is it just slow when changing tracks on an ssd? I haven't tried to change tracks on anything else, only ever had the ssd hooked up to it. There's a noticeable lag every few tracks. But it's nothing to make me want to get rid of it. Also, not sure if it's just mine since I bought it used, maybe brand new ones are snappier.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.