Jump to content

Think I'm getting a new HU, your thoughts ?


Recommended Posts

My last two HU's were Kenwoods, and both had glitches that drove me crazy, so this time I'm thinking about a different brand. Also, here in 2020, I'm thinking about doing away with buttons.

 

Any thoughts on this HU ? OR, do you have a new favorite HU in a similar price range that you think is a better choice, and why is that ?

 

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130DM2660/Pioneer-DMH-2660NEX.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Fish Chris said:

My last two HU's were Kenwoods, and both had glitches that drove me crazy, so this time I'm thinking about a different brand. Also, here in 2020, I'm thinking about doing away with buttons.

 

Any thoughts on this HU ? OR, do you have a new favorite HU in a similar price range that you think is a better choice, and why is that ?

 

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130DM2660/Pioneer-DMH-2660NEX.html

I think pioneer makes good head units, but never tried their touch screen ones. All I know is touchscreen dins are finicky if you go cheap on them... good news is crutchfield has mackin customer service so you can always return it if its buggy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

I think pioneer makes good head units, but never tried their touch screen ones. All I know is touchscreen dins are finicky if you go cheap on them... good news is crutchfield has mackin customer service so you can always return it if its buggy 

Right on. Well, several reviewers said the screen was super responsive.... and unlike my current Kenwood HU, pretty visible in daylight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know what beef y'all going on with eachother, but it stops now. I don't give a damn who started it. I don't feel like playing nanny and digging through post histories. Next one I see getting shitty is getting a free vacation, knock it off. Seriously....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have a 2550nex and its been great so far.  the touchscreen is responsive i think i just move faster than it when skipping tracks sometimes or it may be a data transfer response rate thing between the HU and my ssd.  But all that said, I still love it.

 

And it has physical volume buttons, which is a definite necessity for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, bmwking said:

i have a 2550nex and its been great so far.  the touchscreen is responsive i think i just move faster than it when skipping tracks sometimes or it may be a data transfer response rate thing between the HU and my ssd.  But all that said, I still love it.

 

And it has physical volume buttons, which is a definite necessity for me

I’ve noticed that touchscreen head units have a slow response time. Is it just slow when changing tracks on an ssd?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I’ve noticed that touchscreen head units have a slow response time. Is it just slow when changing tracks on an ssd?

I haven't tried to change tracks on anything else, only ever had the ssd hooked up to it.  There's a noticeable lag every few tracks. But it's nothing to make me want to get rid of it.

 

Also, not sure if it's just mine since I bought it used, maybe brand new ones are snappier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.




×
×
  • Create New...