5 hours ago, AaronT said:

And I see what you're saying about voltage drop voltage drop only occurs when an overcurrent situation happens and the wires going from the front to the rear will not let that situation happen each one not run is good for 350 amps plus @ 20 feet.

That’s what I was thinking and that’s what anybody would think but it has something to do with splitting the current into more runs that decreases the voltage drop. Because the calculators ask for length of cable, how many cables, what gauge, how much current and how many volts. So idk. I’m gonna test the theory myself and compare 2 and 4 runs. Bill Nye the Science Guy meets MythBusters meets Bassheads lol!

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

I'll be looking forward to your findings because this is something I question myself too but I just follow the advice I get given. And of course it's less work and cheaper to run less wire.

In one side of me says I don't see how two runs couldn't be better than one oh, because we always talk about Overkill.. 

Hopefully we can get a few more comments on feed back Ive been wondering the same thing. I'm getting ready to put 140'  of 2/0 welding cable in my install (5 positive runs from front to back for my 160ah) and I only have a 250amp alt up front. Ive had 5 reputable people suggest 5-6 runs for my 1850 amps of output. I never hear of people having over 100ah or so and not using more then a couple runs but I wouldn't be surprised.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:56 AM, markcrnll said:

Hopefully we can get a few more comments on feed back Ive been wondering the same thing. I'm getting ready to put 140'  of 2/0 welding cable in my install (5 positive runs from front to back for my 160ah) and I only have a 250amp alt up front. Ive had 5 reputable people suggest 5-6 runs for my 1850 amps of output. I never hear of people having over 100ah or so and not using more then a couple runs but I wouldn't be surprised.

I mean two runs for the above posters 390 amp alt would be within the realm of needed. As the 1/0 is only rated from 350 to 375 amps at 20 feet (5145 ofc strands)

When you're deleting your front battery you're taking anything that battery could have put into the equation as far as amperage out of the situation.

so if you have a 450 amp alternator let's see all you need is enough wire to carry 450 amps to that rear Bank.

5 runs is ridiculous I mean it would look cool if you want to do it do it but it is absolutely not needed definitely not needed.

I recently switched to a 40 ah lto bank. I'm using one single run from the front to the rear plus the big four is done. 

I have no difference in voltage at the front battery delete terminals then I do at the battery in the rear off the distribution blocks before they amps

I didnt know we were talking about having a delete up front. Nevertheless, how come no one ever talks about the concept you are using (only accounting for alternator amps) when figuring out how many runs they need. Literally no one ( not saying you are lying because I more or less believe ya). I use 2/0 welding which is smaller then 1/0 sky high. Would definitely like to hear more opinions.

5 hours ago, AaronT said:

I'll be looking forward to your findings because this is something I question myself too but I just follow the advice I get given. And of course it's less work and cheaper to run less wire.

In one side of me says I don't see how two runs couldn't be better than one oh, because we always talk about Overkill.. 

will do. 

45 minutes ago, AaronT said:

I mean two runs for the above posters 390 amp alt would be within the realm of needed. As the 1/0 is only rated from 350 to 375 amps at 20 feet (5145 ofc strands)

When you're deleting your front battery you're taking anything that battery could have put into the equation as far as amperage out of the situation.

so if you have a 450 amp alternator let's see all you need is enough wire to carry 450 amps to that rear Bank.

5 runs is ridiculous I mean it would look cool if you want to do it do it but it is absolutely not needed definitely not needed.

I recently switched to a 40 ah lto bank. I'm using one single run from the front to the rear plus the big four is done. 

I have no difference in voltage at the front battery delete terminals then I do at the battery in the rear off the distribution blocks before they amps

20200603_115830_HDR.jpg

received_875870126243304.jpeg

Good ole Knukonceptz ftw

3 hours ago, markcrnll said:

I didnt know we were talking about having a delete up front. Nevertheless, how come no one ever talks about the concept you are using (only accounting for alternator amps) when figuring out how many runs they need. Literally no one ( not saying you are lying because I more or less believe ya). I use 2/0 welding which is smaller then 1/0 sky high. Would definitely like to hear more opinions.

Well when there's a battery connected to the runs you have to be able to supply the amperage the alternator can kick out and the amperage the battery can kick out.

so let's take the battery delete and let's consider it an actual battery right there would you do five runs from your alternator to your front battery?

21 hours ago, AaronT said:

Well when there's a battery connected to the runs you have to be able to supply the amperage the alternator can kick out and the amperage the battery can kick out.

so let's take the battery delete and let's consider it an actual battery right there would you do five runs from your alternator to your front battery?

Very good point.

Archived