Megalo's Computer Build...Download Center

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

I decided awhile ago to build a dedicated computer just for downloading & stuff. it will be runnig 24/7 for those days i need to download over night.

here is my design, i got the idea from Voodoo Pc's Media computer.

design1xp5.png

this is what i want it to look like, this is a Vodoo computer media center

voodoopc20051027090355rb0.jpg

MSI motherboard MINi ATX with 512 ddr ram, AMD 64bit 2800+ processor, with stock fan.

1.jpg

I had an extra Touchscreen left from when i did my carputer

2.jpg

from when i took it apart when doin carputer

3.jpg

Touchscreen 7" widescreen

4.jpg

Back part

IMAGE_00120.jpg

300watt PSU

5.jpg

Old tower that i took the mobo from, got it from cousin

6.jpg

Trying to keep it low decibal as possible, for once lol.

Will be made out of MDF, cheapest and easiest thing i can do, i might do a plexi to out of Lexan for the top...maybe some leds for looks,but will definately install a switch to shut that off.

dont know when i am actually goin to start this. I am waiting on a part for the computer, small connector, but its needed to operate Touchscreen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ElJaco119

you gotta make sure you have a decent amount of fans in there to keep it cool and go to google and download a computer temperature program to watch how hot it gets in there just in case

Guest MegaloManiac

you gotta make sure you have a decent amount of fans in there to keep it cool and go to google and download a computer temperature program to watch how hot it gets in there just in case

im on top of things  ;)

I just need one part for my lcd to get started...building the case should be fairly easy.

newcens i thought about doin the media center thing. but i need a download/upload "center" more than a media center. if i needed to run videos id just use my  pc to hook up to the plasma using DVI cable..too watch in HD  :matrix:

im on top of things  ;)

I just need one part for my lcd to get started...building the case should be fairly easy.

newcens i thought about doin the media center thing. but i need a download/upload "center" more than a media center. if i needed to run videos id just use my  pc to hook up to the plasma using DVI cable..too watch in HD  :matrix:

aight so whats the touchscreen for exactly?