Sonic Electronix

Subwoofer loud buzz/humming noise

Hi fellas,need some help here. 

Installed a new system in my FJ. Running a Rockford Fosgate t1500 1BDCP and a 12” sundown x12-vc2 d4. 

o gauge to d block 4 gauge power & 4 gauge ground. Haven’t had any issue for about a week now. 

couple days ago sub started to make a low to loud hum noise. Turned radio and it goes away. I re wired everything,ran aux cord other side. Bass knob cord in the middle. 

It stopped for a day,now it’s back on.

any idea? 

and sorry if this wasn’t the right section for thread 

11 hours ago, PaperNoFlavors said:

Where are your RCA's In conjunction with your power wires?

And you not saying something about that ds800x4 hissing makes me think you are lying too. A snake hisses and it lies too. And rca’s in conjunction with positive battery feed rarely, like slim to none, unless the rca’s are cheap and the positive feed gets really hot, which is unlikely in this case because you should asses the fact that he has expensive gear so why would he have cheap wires? Think about it. The problem could be a grounding issue but since the noise only occurs periodically, kinda points to the rca cable he is using is going bad. If switching the rca cable doesn’t solve the issue then the grounds on the car audio system have to be looked at, even the radio’s ground. You posted that you were knowledgeable in that other thread. You literally said it. I guess that was a lie too.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived