Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Changing the system from 1 12” to 2!


Recommended Posts

Posted
5 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

What kind of alternator?

Stock 160a, and the big 3 done but I will be looking Into a better unit, maybe 220+??  I think I can find a 180a super easily. What I don’t know is the specifics on the whole external regulator, if it necessary to use the full potential of those extra amps?

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 9/17/2020 at 5:43 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

What kind of alternator?

Stock 160a converted to 326a

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Posted

First attempt at an amp rack! Hoping to keep carpet on wall Lol

7F32FE97-539C-40C6-A765-0A62A7ACA2D9.jpeg

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Posted

Next purchase.... oversized 1/0 90*!

9CB3A99E-301C-4254-920E-762FF6070E02.jpeg

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

How did you convert it to a higher amperage?

A local shop here in Denver. I called, said he offers kits. Specifically denso units can go higher than Bosch. Don’t know exactly if it has been rewound or whatnot. But looking at his shop, he knew what he was doing.... one of those older parts everywhere dusty shelves, good ole mechanic type

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Posted

Update! #2 smart 3 ordered along with XS pwr-s5!! If anyone has tips of anything aside from just throwing the lithium in; isolators or special maintenance, let me know! Will be ditching my shuriken agm unless it can be utilized..... which today I found out it’s not recommended for a starting battery. Soooooo I’ve got 1 smart 3 taramps & a shuriken bt-80 battery for sale! Also will have a lead acid h7 duralast battery for sale

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Posted

Is it hard to post vids here? Gonna free air these 12s @3300w tomorrow 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1052 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...