Sonic Electronix

Changing the system from 1 12” to 2!

Well, spoke to DC. these subs in a sealed 1.38 would decrease their power handling. Pulled the plugs out, left it ported (this is optimum volume ported anyways). 112lbs loaded... nobody is just rolling up and pulling them from the truck 🤣 the sound pressure is actually hurting my sinuses.... haven’t had sound like this since 18 years ago even my homie had 2 18s at a wayyy lower rms!! I cannot hear any port noise, a trained ear might know exactly what that be, but it’s just straight pressure!!! Loud AF!!

BDFCE1D1-2775-45AF-9587-E125D166A038.jpeg

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

2 hours ago, JakeW said:

Well, spoke to DC. these subs in a sealed 1.38 would decrease their power handling. Pulled the plugs out, left it ported (this is optimum volume ported anyways). 112lbs loaded... nobody is just rolling up and pulling them from the truck 🤣 the sound pressure is actually hurting my sinuses.... haven’t had sound like this since 18 years ago even my homie had 2 18s at a wayyy lower rms!! I cannot hear any port noise, a trained ear might know exactly what that be, but it’s just straight pressure!!! Loud AF!!

BDFCE1D1-2775-45AF-9587-E125D166A038.jpeg

If you like it, that's all that matters! You don't need a trained ear for anything! Bass on homie! Looking good

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

13 minutes ago, JakeW said:

Divided, so the Dayton plugs came in clutch 

1FBFBE1C-D80D-4049-8C35-DE2EAFE2D890.jpeg

7A74332E-DE91-410E-BFC7-F911BB60CDF3.jpeg

I'm intrigued by this box. Aren't those speakers something like 40 lbs each? Under your seat?!?! Not doubting the install because, obviously, the proof is right there in picture form, but that so dope! 3000 watts of RMS and don't have to get rid of the back seat

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

23 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I'm intrigued by this box. Aren't those speakers something like 40 lbs each? Under your seat?!?! Not doubting the install because, obviously, the proof is right there in picture form, but that so dope! 3000 watts of RMS and don't have to get rid of the back seat

Me standing on the scale, 200.6 lbs. holding this enclosure.... 312 lbs. and yes they’re every bit as heavy as they look. Already had my seats raised 1”, and with rams when you do that they actually fold forward to expose the back wall! (Lil secret Mopar doesn’t tell ya about) but they include some nicer risers so I installed those. But yes keep the seat! That’s why I went fox, physically the largest box on the market. They sit so tight into the storage pockets, so it’ll take 2 grown a** men to lift this thing out if someone tried stealing it 

1103078E-2A6F-436E-A0F8-F1BC39989D58.jpeg

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

The wait on 6.5s isn’t terrible until you get the front doors wired.... then you wish the speakers were here a week ago! FedEx lost my loom, so I’m still considering wrapping the wire. But the fact it matches the truck, super. Ha

A5AF67E1-29AE-41A3-B55D-EF29855CC5F1.jpeg

76C03105-19BE-4103-8947-C4DFFF576CD0.jpeg

Archived