Sonic Electronix

Hi Guys,

I am looking to add to my system and need help,

I have a 08 expedition 5.4L V8 with 2 SKAR VXF 12's (1500w rms ea) (waiting to arrive) and a Skar RP-2000 I am planning in the near future to add a 2nd RP 2000 and gain match them since they cannot be strapped. (Pictures of build below)

I am currently running a stock 140a alternator and a XS Power d3100 (120 AH) Battery. This battery is relocated to the rear... (Long story... Didnt allow hood to close with it in and couldnt really return)

Mechman told me today they can make me a 240a alt. When I asked about a larger alt, they mentioned having to use a smaller pully due to the engine design not putting a lot of the belt on the pully. They said they have done testing with this alternator and this is the max size they can make while preventing belt slippage at higher RPM's. They mentioned I could add an extra pulley and it will allow more belt to be on the alternator which would work, however I cannot find such a thing and do not know anyone that can machine this for me. 

@Dafaseles did the math for me on my amperage requirement. Basically 4000w + mids @ 70% efficiency @ 13v would require about 439 amps total. 

I am really on a crunch for space, here and the HOA does not seem sufficient enough with trying to be space saving..

3 questions here: (keeping in mind the statement below)

1.Does anyone have any suggestions in mind for this build?

2. Would the 240a and the xs power d3100 be sufficient enough?

3. Would you recommend a external voltage regulator? (I cant seem to find them for the ford 3 pin alts)

I know I have a large vehicle but space is big for me due to traveling. I want to get the absolute max out of this with the space I have. This is why I want to go with another rp 2000 since my 4 channel and Mono all have matching casings to stack. I believe this build looks very clean other than my terrible carpeting job (first time). I could mount the amps onto the enclosure but as we know... Thats a cardinal sin. 

Thanks for all your help. See attached 

IMG_3831.jpeg

IMG_3833.jpeg

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_3830.jpeg

Archived