Sundown Audio

Taramps HD3k Clipping

Angel Galvan

On 11/4/2020 at 8:12 AM, JakeW said:

Do you ever see clipping below 12.6v? Taramps prefer this voltage or above, they also only require very little rca input voltage as well, do you know what that amount is?

The rca voltage is about 2v at like 25 volume. And I keep my voltage above 13v and still clip. Can a 150 amp fuse cause clipping ?

37 minutes ago, Angel Galvan said:

The rca voltage is about 2v at like 25 volume. And I keep my voltage above 13v and still clip. Can a 150 amp fuse cause clipping ?

If your clip indicator flickers for a split second, that's nothing. Can you feel the subs dust cap or cone getting hot? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I mean, 12.8 is getting close to too low, buys it's not there yet. I would still boost the electrical up when you get the chance, but if your amp isn't going into protect, you don't see your clip indicator going crazy all the time, your subs aren't getting hot and you don't smell anything funky, I'd say your pretty good. Your clip light flickering on and off for a split second every now and again isn't bad. Now, if that thing comes on everytime the bad kicks all throughout the song, then you have a problem. But once or twice a song for less than a second, I wouldn't worry about it. If you get worried, stop the music and feel the dust cap real quick and make sure it's not hot. I get it, you want to protect your investment and not damage anything. But, without actually being able to experience this first hand, I think you're good bud.

But again... BOOST YOUR ELECTRICAL! Sooner rather than later. Big 3 upgrade, battery, and alternator (though your alternator isn't exactly weak, but the more the merrier), if not all at once, I would do it in that order in my opinion

2 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

I mean, 12.8 is getting close to too low, buys it's not there yet. I would still boost the electrical up when you get the chance, but if your amp isn't going into protect, you don't see your clip indicator going crazy all the time, your subs aren't getting hot and you don't smell anything funky, I'd say your pretty good. Your clip light flickering on and off for a split second every now and again isn't bad. Now, if that thing comes on everytime the bad kicks all throughout the song, then you have a problem. But once or twice a song for less than a second, I wouldn't worry about it. If you get worried, stop the music and feel the dust cap real quick and make sure it's not hot. I get it, you want to protect your investment and not damage anything. But, without actually being able to experience this first hand, I think you're good bud.

But again... BOOST YOUR ELECTRICAL! Sooner rather than later. Big 3 upgrade, battery, and alternator (though your alternator isn't exactly weak, but the more the merrier), if not all at once, I would do it in that order in my opinion

The big three is a for sure mod, but did you check the clamp meter in the video ? Im having trouble reading it not sure if it says 200 amps or ....

2 hours ago, Angel Galvan said:

The big three is a for sure mod, but did you check the clamp meter in the video ? Im having trouble reading it not sure if it says 200 amps or ....

Honestly, I don't know how to read those either. I looked on the internet and couldn't find anything lol. Did it come with a user manual? What did it say the 200A~ was used for and what does it mean? 

Just now, Dafaseles said:

Honestly, I don't know how to read those either. I looked on the internet and couldn't find anything lol. Did it come with a user manual? What did it say the 200A~ was used for and what does it mean? 

It just says instructions on how to operate it

On 11/10/2020 at 10:54 PM, Dafaseles said:

Damn lol. That's all I could find searching the internet too. Not what was the difference between the 20A~ , and the 200A~ functions. 

I'm so bummed out cause I've asked people and they say they got their hd3k 3/4 gain and stock electrical and don't clip unless their not pushing it. Today I sent my system and the whole dash dims and headlights dim and the clip indicator starts clipping. So I got a 150 amp fuse sit around 14v. 150x14 = 2100 Times .78 which is the efficiency of the amp i think which means I'm only getting about 1500 or less rms from the amp at the moment from those calculations. 

Archived