Banging my head on the wall

So no crazy voltage drops or anything like that, but while I get ready to install sub #2 I wanna get wiring right.  Got a good buddy who’s worked on commercial heavy duty equipment, saying something different than what’s on the forums so I just wanna get opinions on what works. As she sits- big 3 done with 1/0. 326a alternator to front agm battery with 1 run 1/0. 2 runs of 1/0 from 326a alt to rear lithium.  Rear lithium is double grounded 1/0, with 2 runs 1/0 to amp. Would 1 of the front runs going to the lithium be “better” if I was connected to the front battery? I haven’t seen the lithium drain or anything, so I don’t think the alternator is seeing a crazy draw, he’s just staying the front battery would be a better buffer to cushion that big draw. The “common” for the agm & lithium is at the alternator, nowhere else. Resting agm is 12.66v, lithium rests at 13.55. Together overnight is 12.8v. Running 14.4-14.8v. 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Pulled the 2 rear runs off the alternator, ran them from the front battery to rear battery. To incorporate the front battery in the “reserve”

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

7 minutes ago, JakeW said:

Pulled the 2 rear runs off the alternator, ran them from the front battery to rear battery. To incorporate the front battery in the “reserve”

The front battery is an AGM correct? And the back battery is a lithium. 

I've always been told not to mix the 2, though there always seems to be someone who says it's fine, they've done it for a long time with no issue. If you don't mind, if you find the time, I'd be interested to learn about how your experience mixing the 2 turns out. Does it bring down the resting voltage of the lithium? Does it hurt the charging capabilities of the lithium? Does it seem to be hurting the lifespan of either battery? 

Obviously, you won't know the answer to any of these in a day or 2. But if you think about it in a couple months or a year, post about your experience. I'm at least interested.

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

According to XS, the titan8 technology is okay to agm mix. Mixing lithium and lead acid was even okay for months, you’d just see it pull down the resting. Titan8 rests at 13.55, which is considered 100%. agm rests at 12.6. Together overnight it’s 12.8

I haven't had a chance to read anything about the titan8 batteries... so it's not the LifePO4 technology that Limitless uses in some batteries, it's new tech? 

It makes sense though. When I opened up my Cyber 12k box, the first thing you see is a postcard that says "do not let battery fall under 12 volts! Can considerably damage the battery! Fully charge battery before installation" if at resting it's 12.8, then yeah

26 minutes ago, JakeW said:

Whatever that technology is, yes sir. Similar, inferior, greater than; I can’t say. 

I'm interested. Maybe I can find some more info. Thanks bud! 

Archived