Very weird alternator charging issue..

I have '13 accord coupe ex-l. I'm aware of the annoying eld function.. So I got a singer 240a alt that bypasses the eld function (plug n play) never had an issue with voltage drop til now and I've had the alt for a few years. 

Now to what the problem is.. I swear this is the weirdest thing I've experienced with car audio; but I'll try to explain the best I can. So, when I cold start in the morning, my volt meter reads 14.4v the entire ride from point a to point b no matter the distance and time traveled; along with my system, the voltage stays consistent.. My commute to work every morning is about 20 miles and around a 30-35 minute drive. This is where it gets strange and I am far and beyond lost. When I start my car for the 2nd time of the day, while it's in park it's at 14.4v. Literally. as soon as I move the shift knob to any gear, it drops right to ~12.4-12.8.. It gets weirder, after about 10-15 mins of driving and my system playing (not at max volume, just got the sub so I am breaking it in properly) the voltage jumps back to 14.4v... 

I got the alt tested and the tech said it's functioning perfect. What is odd to me is, this all started to happen after I took my car to the dealer for an oil change a little over a month ago. Idk if they reset something or whatnot but I've unplugged/re-plugged the alt, disconnected the battery for ~15 mins to reset, tested my grounds, etc. I honestly do not have a damn clue as to what in the hell is going on.. Also, I did not mind the voltage while I waiting for my sub to be delivered because I presumed since there was no call for any type of current that the alt did not need to charge up to 14.4v. I am not a wiz with electrical, again I just let it be and waited until I installed my system. Now this is happening and I'm concerned, confused, annoyed, and frustrated.

If anybody can give me some advice, help, suggestions.. I'd greatly appreciate it because this is driving me insane lol

I forgot to mention, I reached out to Mike Singer via email/fb. He read my message on fb and did not respond. Left a long message, my cell # and everything. Aside from what's going on, it's been a solid alt but that type of customer service will persuade me to buy elsewhere when the time comes.. In my eyes, not professional at all. Especially when you offer lifetime warranty on your product.

• 1 month later...

Archived