Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Option For A Pair Of Dc Level4 18's

Okay so I took some measurements today just to see how much space I have to work with. The idea is to keep my third row seats. That was the main reason why I brought a suburban instead of a tahoe. So far this is what I've came up with. *Note all measurements are external*

Height: 23 3/8 inches or 28 1/2 inches if I go up to top of headrest

Width: 49 inches

Depth: 28 3/4 inches

I went to 12volt.com to use their volume calculator and it came out to roughly 15 cft of internal volume space.

image00oh7.jpg

I want to go ported with the 18's and I want to go both subs and ports facing up as apposed to subs up and ports to the rear. You guys think this is do-able with the measurements I've posted?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Okay so I took some measurements today just to see how much space I have to work with. The idea is to keep my third row seats. That was the main reason why I brought a suburban instead of a tahoe. So far this is what I've came up with. *Note all measurements are external*

Height: 23 3/8 inches or 28 1/2 inches if I go up to top of headrest

Width: 49 inches

Depth: 28 3/4 inches

I went to 12volt.com to use their volume calculator and it came out to roughly 15 cft of internal volume space.

image00oh7.jpg

I want to go ported with the 18's and I want to go both subs and ports facing up as apposed to subs up and ports to the rear. You guys think this is do-able with the measurements I've posted?

I am wondering the same shit. But the measurements I wrote down cause I would want it level with the rear side windows was 23"D x 49" W x 22" H

Edited by p_mcnaught

Team Deadly Hertz

Okay so I have to admit this was my first time using Google's SketchUp software and I'm hooked. By far way easy to do a drawing with rather than AutoCad. Anyway this is what I've come up with using the measurement that Wagonized over on SoundSolutionsAudio gave me. I made an adjustment with the port though. I brought the port up to the top, extended it's width by 4 inches to 24inches and decreased the height to 10 inches. Let me know what you think? Will this work?

dcbox1fl3.jpg

dcbox2ae2.jpg

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Bump

I need the help.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Why is this design inefficient?

The airspace for both subs is in the middle, meaning that the air pressure from each sub is cancelling out when it gets to the port. You honestly would have a better, more efficient box setup with ports on opposites sides. That box design alone is probably costing you 5-8db easy.

The airspace for both subs is in the middle, meaning that the air pressure from each sub is cancelling out when it gets to the port. You honestly would have a better, more efficient box setup with ports on opposites sides. That box design alone is probably costing you 5-8db easy.

What about a L-shaped box?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings