Second Skin Audio

Speaker connections

Dafaseles

I'm sure this is a complete newbie question, but I'm lazy today and just want someone to tell me the correct answer lol. 

Those bolts people use as speaker terminals on sub boxes, are they just stainless steel bolts and washers? Or are they more specific than that? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

2 hours ago, JakeW said:

I’m not sure which bolts you’ve seen, but I use these Dayton plugs. They’re gold. 

E997CCF8-D418-435F-A26F-9D4122D454FE.jpeg

Yep, that's what I was looking for. So with those I would have to use an o ring on one side, but the other I could use an o ring or insert wire and tighten it down? (If that hole is big enough to except 8 awg) 

On 12/6/2020 at 6:25 PM, Dafaseles said:

Yep, that's what I was looking for. So with those I would have to use an o ring on one side, but the other I could use an o ring or insert wire and tighten it down? (If that hole is big enough to except 8 awg) 

Why an oring? Yes it accepts stinger hwp ofc 8 ga easy!!

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

If you’re worried about sealing, there’s no worry here. A little touch of glue, but it actually has to be pounded in by hammer through the drilled 1/4” hole. It just doesn’t drop in. Then bolted, I’d say there’s more air escaping around the frame of the sub then here!

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

1 hour ago, JakeW said:

If you’re worried about sealing, there’s no worry here. A little touch of glue, but it actually has to be pounded in by hammer through the drilled 1/4” hole. It just doesn’t drop in. Then bolted, I’d say there’s more air escaping around the frame of the sub then here!

Naw, I'm not worried about sealing. Just send it through the hole with glue like you said or some industrial strength caulking. 🤣 I'll probably just end up with the glue. 

Sorry, not o ring...I meant ring terminal. Sorry

Picture this, just inside your enclosure as long as you can reach it. My box is under seat so this was best placement and way to run in series/parallel. Left side “cap” goes to sub 1, then sub 2 has a ring terminal connection along with another ring terminal connection that goes to amp! Enclosure is divided so I wanted to avoid a hole between them. 

E75B41E1-C7C0-4FEF-BE44-23821E4FB97B.jpeg

FDBA1E95-F55F-4273-B80E-6E67D86EEF29.jpeg

6 hours ago, JakeW said:

Picture this, just inside your enclosure as long as you can reach it. My box is under seat so this was best placement and way to run in series/parallel. Left side “cap” goes to sub 1, then sub 2 has a ring terminal connection along with another ring terminal connection that goes to amp! Enclosure is divided so I wanted to avoid a hole between them. 

E75B41E1-C7C0-4FEF-BE44-23821E4FB97B.jpeg

FDBA1E95-F55F-4273-B80E-6E67D86EEF29.jpeg

That's perfect. I was going to run 4 awg from the amp to the box, only because I have a crap load of 4 awg and the amp will except it for speaker wire, then 8 awg inside the box to the speakers. That's nice, it'll keep me from having to buy 8 awg ring terminals🤣 save me $8 lol. Thanks!

Archived