What AWG is needed for @400amp?

So, I had an audio shop setup my system. I paid them to do it and figured they would run what was needed. 

I have a Audio Control 6x1200 and a Taramp Smart 3k. The alternator is CES 370amp.

They ran 1/0 CCA with a 300amp fuse. 

I know or feel this isn't good enough. I bought a Limitless Cyber 6k to put in the vehicle. I will bypass the stock battery and run off the limitless. I was wondering what I should replace the wire with and fuse. I will probably run the wire into truck/limitless. Then take off that to the amps. I was also thinking of leaving the 1/0 in place and connecting that to the stock battery from the limitless but removing the negative from the stock battery and leaving that in place for backup. Thanks guys.

I'm doing 2 runs of 1/0 OFC back to my Cyber 12k. And yeah, I've heard of people keeping their batteries in, just not grounded. I would think the CCA would be fine in the situation you'd only use that battery incase your lithium was dead. Don't slap your system if that happens though. You could even take it one step further and keep a fuse holder between the alternator and the stock battery, and only put a fuse in it if your lithium went dead

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

31 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I'm doing 2 runs of 1/0 OFC back to my Cyber 12k. And yeah, I've heard of people keeping their batteries in, just not grounded. I would think the CCA would be fine in the situation you'd only use that battery incase your lithium was dead. Don't slap your system if that happens though. You could even take it one step further and keep a fuse holder between the alternator and the stock battery, and only put a fuse in it if your lithium went dead

That would be a good idea but there are other connections on top of the battery I am worried about powering.  Attached photo for reference.

135142017_1024809801349819_8996699252043194071_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

You'd have to make a run or two from your lithium up to your stock battery to power that stuff. 

Yeah that where Im hoping I can use the already in place 1/0 on the battery and remove the negative. The components that are attached to it should get the positive from the positive from Limitless and hoping negative to where every its tied into or attached. The negative on the battery is only going to the firewall. That seem right or am I not thinking correctly? ?

I couldn't quite follow that. Sorry. You're talking about the alternator hooked up to the stock battery and the stock electrical drawing straight off the alternator, not the lithium? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

so my chevy has a similar fuse block on battery.

so that fuse block is where there alternator power comes in fused, then his 1/0 cca goes from there to the lithium. Anything chassis ground will use the lithium with the battery ground disconnected. should work fine.

EDIT.

you have a 370 amp alt but only 300 amp fuse and single run of 1/0 cca? Do a second run or upgrade to 2/0 and 400 amp fuse. grounding back to the alternator might be an issue, do you have a frame or uni-body vehicle?

• 4 months later...

Gauge is a measurement of a wire, specifically its diameter. AWG is the standardized system of this measurement. ... Precise wire sizing is essential for circuit breakers as it helps determine how much electrical current can flow through it and how much resistance it has

Archived