Not Getting enough power!

So, I bought a Pride AURORA amp and a Pride Tv3 15" and a Hollywood hc120 Battery but when I try to crank up the base it goes in to clipping fast. The highest peak was 90 A that got into the amp What could I do to get the maximum power out of my amp/sub? I also have an 70A alternator and a little 45 Ah Honda battery in the front I have one 0-gauge wire wired back to the trunk and a Sony MEX-N7300KIT Head unit. 

your amp is pulling more power than your alternator and batteries can keep up with.... upgrade the alternator and front battery

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

you did not list what you have your sub wired to

If the sub woofer is wired to 4 ohms then you are getting max power out the amplifier, 900 watts rms at 4 ohm. wire down to 1 ohm.

edit:

love the remote turn on is away from the power by the speaker terminals. really nice touch.

what kind of  battery voltage was the 90 amp reading?

what kind of battery voltage when the amplifier is clipping?

was the 90 amp on both 1/0 wires or just one? if just one then you saw 180 amps and probably rated power with box rise.

Was this 90 amps on music or with test tones?

sorry about all the questions.

I would also double check and measure both wire individually. Make sure that both are showing 45 amps.

Also, just a suggestion, if you have enough cable. Parallel the batteries directly to each other instead of at the Amplifier. If the batteries were the same size it would be cool but because they are different and you are connected directly to the terminals on the front battery you could be draining the crap out of that one and the rear battery has to fill the front battery to even everything out. Is that the original Honda battery? or is it less than a few years old?

two battery.png

Archived