StrangeDuck's maybe a PT Cruiser build?

Starting on a build for this spring/summer. I have an 04 pt cruiser i think i will do it in. Just have to figure out why the hell the engine loses power randomly. Anyway, this will probably be a slow build until it gets some traction then hopefully it will be of to the races. 

The plan will be 2 Ascendant audio mayhem 12's each on a skar sk2500.1 at .5 each. Not sure about front stage yet.  Thinking about doing a 3 ways with stevens audio stuff.  

Pics to follow.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO first things first. I'm rebuilding these 10" Mayhems into 12" mayhems. I picked these up through Kyle Blackwelder, he knew a guy and i snagged them up. The surrounds were a bit brittle, no fault of his or the previous owner, just is what it is. So the surrounds ended up ripping so i decided to change to 12's because building box for 10's on 5k is just a nightmare.  

these were the 10's the last time i used them. 

i4oKxY7.jpg

Here are the new cones and coils. so sexy. 

G4sue8e.jpg

I4Wf514.jpg

Tisket a tasket, here is a basket. 

yS2CgvV.jpg

another sexy coil shot

v4fAvF6.jpg

Starting assembly here. Not gonna lie, it hurt a little ripping these 10's apart

okXebkV.jpeg

EBXEYy3.jpeg

FqaIZq2.jpeg

vroom vroom, nice motor

9xxXEn5.jpeg

EExl9If.jpeg

new basket attached

BbiN75g.jpeg

bought some new toys for this project. I hate those pen style soldering irons so i bought a little better one. 

AUpC5fE.jpg

nMX2Hj2.jpg

ROCLZUv.jpg

I bought these with the plan of pulling the plastic off and crimping and soldering them on the tinsels. my old terminals had studs for the leads i thought, the new ones dont, so i wont need this but it will come in handy later.

aldhw2c.jpg

I did a live stream of building the sub, so i didnt get a lot of pics of the process. you can check the video here. 

49U9c5P.jpg

mi0r2t7.jpg

its a flower! 

KLBjKvp.jpg

Thats all for now, i'll update later when i make more progress. Thanks for looking!

pt gt or base? basically same as my neon's and also daily drove a 06 for a couple years. have a pt drivetrain going in my 1gn eventually.  closest i can get to my forte of vehicles lol not a huge claim to fame. whats the mileage like on it? 

Archived