Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Alpine MRV-f545 running Polk db6520 ok?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Is an Alpine MRV-f545 running a set of Polk db6520 ok? 125w rms (amplifier) to 60w rms speakers do-able?? I know that a 100w rms amp would be ok, but is 125w rms amp ok or nah thats just too much?? It will be running a component set as well rated to 60w rms. 

Posted

I can't find those exact speakers, I assume they're coaxils? 

Most coaxils are 4 ohm, that amp does 75 watts per channel at 4 ohm. You should be fine. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted
1 hour ago, DAN831111 said:

The MRV-F545 does 125w RMS @ 4 Ohms, the Polk's do 65w RMS at 4 Ohms. How about an Alpine PDX-f6? I cannot risk ANY damage to these speakers as they are VERY old and rare.

You're right, I guess I was looking at the f345 on accident. In my opinion 125 is too much for 65 rms speakers. But you could always just dial back the gain and have a ton of headroom... though that amp has a great signal already at 125. 

But if you're worried about the speakers being damaged, yeah, my opinion would be that's too much for them 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

OMG I only just worked out I have to force email notifications on this website, anyway yeah cheers for the reply, I ended up going for a F345 anyways as this was what I was kinda thinking and end up finding a good one at a decent price not far from me so I grabbed it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1052 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...