Lights dimming with upgraded electrical

2005 Ford 6.0 with a mechman 240, double batteries, and 1/0 wiring for all major power/grounds in the engine bay.  

Voltage is a very solid 14.5-14.8 with occasional dips to 14-14.1. The headlights on this truck dim really bad when I start to push the system past 50% or so. 

I am running two Jl HD amps... 1200/1 and a 450/4 tuned with a dd1 at the most conservative setting.  I should have more than enough power for this system?

Any tricks on these Fords to keep the lights from dimming? I don’t want to go with an Hid setup. 

All headlights dim unfortunately. Some just dim less than others. 

You have plenty of electrical for that setup. 

One way to combat the lights dimming is to go LED. They just use less electrical when in use. 

You could run more electrical, but unfortunately, your lights would still dim. It's just one of those things

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Few questions.

That 14.1 v, is that with built in volt meter on the dash? Because those are very inaccurate for the quick burst of electricity amplifiers require. The volt meter in the dash board my Chevy doesn't register below 14.4 unless it's steady sin wave, or when I start the car but the d4s volt meter registers the quick hits and dips. 

Your two batteries, are they original batteries or car audio specific aftermarket ones? When were they last replaced?

6.0 is a diesel right? Diesel requires more electricity for the engine to start/run compared to gasoline. 

My suggestion would be capacitor or another battery. 

Archived