Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Bigger than Average System Plans - Comments Please


Recommended Posts

Posted

Good morning,  I am seeking comments back on equipment selection for this build.

Goals: For now = Demo Vehicle , windy af with the ability to sustain half day sessions.   I have an HHR Panel I was going to use but by the time all the equipment is in.. she would be dangerously overloaded.  HHR not enough room either.  Going with either a Suburban or Cargo Van.

 

Just focused on the Sub part of this system for now.

Considerations =

Wall Build. 4th order ?

Parts Planned out as of now.

Head Unit?

SubSonic Filter/Crossover?

Amps = (2) Orion 3000.1DSPX

Subs = ?  Neo magnets or ?  Was planning on hitting the amps with 1 ohm

Electrical =

(1) Stock Alternator

(2) Mechman 370 Elite externally regulated.

I am wanting to run 14 volt batteries.  The 2 Caps I have say not to go over 14.8 Volts, that doesn't leave much room?

(2) XS Power SB1260-31 Super Caps.  

Need a Budget friendly recommendation for the Reserve Ah Stack? 

 

Thanks for any comments.

Posted

Well, in my opinion, walls tend to move more air than a regular fourth order, but a fourth order wall, you'll get more lows. 

Head unit, I've never had a problem with my pioneer, though I've heard kenwood and alpine are great as well. 

Subs, you know the deal I'm sure. There are a ton of great subs out there. If you plan on a fourth order, try to find a sub with a QTS higher than .5, if you're going to go straight up ported wall, a QTS lower than .5 is optimal. 

As far as the electrical, I don't know much about super caps. I do know lithium and lithium banks do great, though I don't know if you can mix lithium and a super bank. If you find out you can, get some Ying Long cells and build your own. Fairly inexpensive. 

That's my 2 cents. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted

14 volt batteries charge above 14.8 volts.

 

XS Power d1400 "14 volt" fully charged rests at 15.1. Your caps would have to be replaced with 16v max variety.

  • 2 months later...
Posted

Always think big. No matter what’s going on in life stay determined and think big. This will be the ultimate source of contentment for us. I prefer to get the  cheap assignment help australia from the native writer and complete your fast work. Students should also make proper plans before starting their studies to perform better and best.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 653 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...