Need alternator suggestions

That's the thing, car audio, yes it gets expensive, but it's no where near as expensive as it was. You could do a budget 4 15's on 30,000 watts for 7-8 grand. Compared to the early 2000's, probably 30-35 grand. These full bridge amps and the budget woofers can definitely get the job done, when back in the day, 90% of the time, if it was cheap, it was garbage. 

Best case scenario.... you get a 370. You say ok, 2000 watts was fun, the subs I have can handle 1500 watts, and I have everything dialed in, let me see what 3000 can do. You drop $350 on a quality battery. Ok, now your mids and highs aren't quite what you'd like. You go get some pro audio 6.5's ($40 each) some tweeters ($100 a pair) and a 600.4 ($300). 

Then, you know what, I have the room for 4 12's. And I keep seeing people building their own box. I could do that. $660 for 2 more subs, $305 for another smart 3. Well, my electrical isn't quite up to par for the 2 smart 3's, but my alternator is legit. Let me step it up to lithium and get more than I need so I'll never see under 14 volts. (Let's just say for the sake of argument you get a Limitless Lithium Cyber 12k because that's what I have lol) $1100 (or you could go even cheaper if you build your own bank), then maybe $200 for more cable. What is that, almost $3000? Stupid slump! Span that over 2 years, 3 years...6 months.... depending on your financial situation. Yeah, 3 grand is a lot of money, but it's not completely out of reach, you know what I mean? I talked to mechman just this week, and mechman straight told me 1 370 amp alternator (their 370) can handle 2 Cyber 12k batteries. So a quality alternator can go a long way! 

Before you pull the trigger though, let me tell you a couple things....

1/0 car audio OFC cable is rated at 350 amps, so even if you decide on the 320, at high rpm's there's still the possibility of the alternator putting out more than 350 amps. So you'll want 2 runs going from the alternator positive to the battery to get the most out of it. It's not something you have to necessarily do right away, but it's advised. 

I'm always down to help where I can. I just like talking car audio! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived