Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I purchased an SA DB 275 and it’s coming in tomorrow. I have a skar rp 1500, and the sub is a dual one ohm. I was wondering how much of a risk is it to run the sub at .5 ohms with the amp being only one ohm stable.

Posted

So, no, that's not recommended by the manufacturer but if you're careful, it really shouldn't be a huge issue. 

You have to remember that with impedance rise, the amp will still see under 1 ohm, just not a whole lot, if you're listening to regular music. You have to make sure your electrical is up for it. If the amp has to start working too hard to make it's power, sooner or later the components will burn out. You will void the manufacturer warranty. I don't know exactly what the skar warranty consists of, you might want to read it, but I doubt it includes running it below 1 ohm. 

So again, is it recommended? No. Do people do it, yes. The choice is up to you. It's your money

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted
On 3/29/2021 at 6:09 PM, Dafaseles said:

So, no, that's not recommended by the manufacturer but if you're careful, it really shouldn't be a huge issue. 

You have to remember that with impedance rise, the amp will still see under 1 ohm, just not a whole lot, if you're listening to regular music. You have to make sure your electrical is up for it. If the amp has to start working too hard to make it's power, sooner or later the components will burn out. You will void the manufacturer warranty. I don't know exactly what the skar warranty consists of, you might want to read it, but I doubt it includes running it below 1 ohm. 

So again, is it recommended? No. Do people do it, yes. The choice is up to you. It's your money

Hell yes. Thank you

Posted

SO there is a video on YouTube of a gent with rp2000 at .5 ohm BUT the video is 2 years old. Not sure if they have made any changes since then. AND he did not show any impedenace measurements so just taking his word for it, which I do. 

 

 Skar recommends the skv line for below 1 ohm. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 914 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...