Speaker help

BassMunky

If I run 1 set in my truck one front and back of 6.5 pro speaker with tweeters running active do I Need to run 2 separate 4 channel amps   1 for the 4 tweeter and 1 for the 4 mids? Also will it work with the rca connecting to the other Amp for a signal? 

Hu

Rca 

Amp ,  4 tweeter connected

Rca daisy chained

Amp. 4 mids

Or is there another way? 

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

You can add a DSP, I would say that's the best way. 

Some head units let you set crossover points for different RCA outputs. You'd have to read your owner's manual to find out if and how you can do that. 

Or, you can buy one amp that is capable of doing 2 bandpass crossovers. Usually for channels 1 and 2, then channels 3 and 4.

What a bandpass crossover is, is when you set a low pass filter, and a high pass filter on the same channel(s). Lets say you set a high pass filter at 80 hz. You would get everything 80 hz to 20,000 hz. Let's say you set a low pass filter at 4000 hz. You'd get everything from 4000 hz to 20 hz. Now if you set a bandpass filter with those 2 values, you'd get everything 80 hz up to 4000 hz. 

So how you would have to do it (with a single amp) is wire the front 6.5's in parallel and connect them to channel 1. Wire the rear 6.5's the same and connect them to channel 2. Then set your bandpass crossover because you wouldn't want your 6.5's to play too low, or too high. Then you'd have to wire the tweeters the same way, front and rear, connect the fronts to channel 3, rears to channel 4, then set your high pass filter for those channels. 

Doing it this way though, you'd lose your fade and balance controls. 

I've included a picture of the crossover controls of the Cresendo C2000.4D. It is capable of doing that. Hopefully you can enlarge the photo and see what I'm talking about

SmartSelect_20210407-205947_Samsung Internet.jpg

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

It not capable the way I said it then? Just gotta find the biggest 4 channel that can go actively? How do people do it with big system?  12 mids and 12 tweeter for example....

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

4 hours ago, BassMunky said:

It not capable the way I said it then? Just gotta find the biggest 4 channel that can go actively? How do people do it with big system?  12 mids and 12 tweeter for 

Some head units can do the crossovers, a lot of people run DSP's, some guys run multiple amps, some guys just do passive crossovers. I don't know of any other options other than those

3 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Some head units can do the crossovers, a lot of people run DSP's, some guys run multiple amps, some guys just do passive crossovers. I don't know of any other options other than those

If I run 2,  4 channel amps daisy chained from the rca it won't work? The sound be cut cause active on 1 Amp is all tweeter and the other is all mids?

3 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Suggestions on dsp?

I don't know much about DSP's, but when I finally nut it up and get one, I'm probably going to go Audio Control. 

You'd have to read the owner's manual of the particular amps you want to use, but usually if you use 1 amps output RCA Jack to another amps inputs, it cancels the crossovers from the first amp and sends a full signal. Though, that might vary amp to amp, so read the manual. 

Archived