Battery help: AGM

Just replaced my alt last night took a crap on me. Thinking should I replace both my agm batteries  idk if there bad or not. They where both replaced with the alt 4 years ago. When I drive my voltage read 14.4 solid while driving reg. If I come to a dead stop it will drop to 13.8.  Then go back up to 14.5 back to a steady 14.4. Any help please thankyou.

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BassMunky said:

Just replaced my alt last night took a crap on me. Thinking should I replace both my agm batteries  idk if there bad or not. They where both replaced with the alt 4 years ago. When I drive my voltage read 14.4 solid while driving reg. If I come to a dead stop it will drop to 13.8.  Then go back up to 14.5 back to a steady 14.4. Any help please thankyou.

If you're not losing voltage or having any problems starting the car, I wouldn't worry about changing them just yet. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

19 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

If you're not losing voltage or having any problems starting the car, I wouldn't worry about changing them just yet. 

Losing voltage???? What could be this then...

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

28 minutes ago, BassMunky said:

Losing voltage???? What could be this then...

No, you're not losing voltage. If you where getting down to dangerous levels (below 12 volts) and you weren't dropping that low before, I'd say change the AGM's. But from your description, I wouldn't worry about changing the batteries. They still seem strong

19 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

No, you're not losing voltage. If you where getting down to dangerous levels (below 12 volts) and you weren't dropping that low before, I'd say change the AGM's. But from your description, I wouldn't worry about changing the batteries. They still seem strong

What could be doing that then the voltage reading... or spikes????  Cause it a diff alt? 

19 minutes ago, BassMunky said:

What could be doing that then the voltage reading... or spikes????  Cause it a diff alt? 

If you're talking about it dropping to 13.8 at a dead stop, I wouldn't worry about that at all. That's only because your engine RPM's drop when you're stopped therefore your alternator output goes down a little. Completely normal. As long as it goes back up when you start driving again, nothing to worry about

4 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

If you're talking about it dropping to 13.8 at a dead stop, I wouldn't worry about that at all. That's only because your engine RPM's drop when you're stopped therefore your alternator output goes down a little. Completely normal. As long as it goes back up when you start driving again, nothing to worry about

What about 13.1 but it goes back up. There no load on it though

8 minutes ago, BassMunky said:
Gonna get it checked soon. What could cause the voltage to drop soo low when I come to a stop light o sign? From 14.4 to 13.0 feel like the car gonna die out

When you stop, your RPMs go down to the point it almost seems like the car is about to die? 

4 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

When you stop, your RPMs go down to the point it almost seems like the car is about to die? 

Yes I think soo.. it a brand new alternator.  Is it wiring???? I have 3 grounds big 3

Archived