Sundown Audio

Any Installers around CHI have DD1 & CC1?

BassheadLocator

Hello all.

I am adding a second amp to my system and need to find someone with a DD1 & CC1 to set and match my gains properly since they are powering 2 subs in a common chamber. 

My local shop refused to tune them stating that it's not possible.

Anyone around the CHI burbs that has the SMD tools to do this? Obviously willing to pay for your time/services and willing to come to you. I'm located in the NW CHI burbs.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, BassheadLocator said:

Hello all.

I am adding a second amp to my system and need to find someone with a DD1 & CC1 to set and match my gains properly since they are powering 2 subs in a common chamber. 

My local shop refused to tune them stating that it's not possible.

Anyone around the CHI burbs that has the SMD tools to do this? Obviously willing to pay for your time/services and willing to come to you. I'm located in the NW CHI burbs.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't find anyone, depending on the impedance you can set your subs at, and if the amplifiers are compatible, you can look into linking them. Have the amplifier that's already set be the master and the new amp be the slave. Most amplifiers need a final 2 ohm load to get the most out of linking them though, so it really depends on what subs you have and if the amps can do that. 

What subs do you have and what amplifiers do you have? (If you can't find a DD1 and CC1) 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

2 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

If you don't find anyone, depending on the impedance you can set your subs at, and if the amplifiers are compatible, you can look into linking them. Have the amplifier that's already set be the master and the new amp be the slave. Most amplifiers need a final 2 ohm load to get the most out of linking them though, so it really depends on what subs you have and if the amps can do that. 

What subs do you have and what amplifiers do you have? (If you can't find a DD1 and CC1) 

I have 2 dc level 4 18s, 1ohm DVC. Amps are Skar RP2001.D My thought was get a second amp and wire the subs to 2 ohms each, until I can get better soft parts or subs that can handle more power.

In hindsight, I should have just sold my one amp and bought a 3500 or 4500. Might still do that if it makes more sense. Haven't opened the new 2001 yet.

1 hour ago, BassheadLocator said:

I have 2 dc level 4 18s, 1ohm DVC. Amps are Skar RP2001.D My thought was get a second amp and wire the subs to 2 ohms each, until I can get better soft parts or subs that can handle more power.

In hindsight, I should have just sold my one amp and bought a 3500 or 4500. Might still do that if it makes more sense. Haven't opened the new 2001 yet.

If it where me, I'd go with a single amp. Those subs wired to 2 ohm on their own amp would rarely even see 1000 watts each after rise. 

I don't know if you're just a skar guy (which is fine) but if you decide to go with 1 amp at 1 ohm, look into the Sundown SIA3500. I've heard nothing but good things about it (as long as your electrical is up to it) 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

You spent that dc like money and didn’t buy a dd1 to protect your investments. That’s where you messed up. That was suppose to be purchased before install. Or at least the one barevids on YouTube makes that would cost about $5 but only tunes gains on subwoofer amps. Then buy a cc1 to match filters. But having a distortion detector is a must. A basshead not having a distortion detector is like a prostitute not having condoms lol.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived