Sundown Audio

Any possible ideas on new amp placements.

stingray72

I have a 2019 nissan versa sv and right now i have the amps mounted on my back seats and would like to move them so i can do an external 8 inch Big A$$ port.  I was thinking of mounting the amps on the right side of the 4th order bandpass enclosure.  Ill have two amps one amp is the taramps smart 3K and the other will be the phoenix gold xenon 100.2.  One idea i was thinking was mount the amps sideways somehow to take up as little room as possible but im worried about heat build up.  Anyone else have any ideas? 

ps...Heres a video to give you an idea of how my box will be set up minus the plexiglass.

2 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Can you mount them behind the box in the trunk on an amp rack? Or maybe in front of the box maybe under a seat or something? 

There wont be any room behind the box because im using all the space to make the bandpass big enough for the 18 inch sub.  the amps are too big height wise to fit under a seat i had that idea before.  No room in front of the box because the box will be all the way forward and besides id be worried about vibration.  I do have an idea though just now let me see if i can find the picture first.

Problem with that is heat. Heat rises and the heat sinks on the top of your amplifier will be rendered useless mounted upside down. Can you build an amp rack up there so your amps can sit right side up or at least at an angle? If you secure it to the top and secure it to the box itself, it shouldn't vibrate too much. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

10 minutes ago, stingray72 said:

I would use threaded rod and nuts and hang the amps right side up over the box but id have to fix any vibration.  Any idea how?

Forget my last post, I reread you would mount them right side up lol. 

Yeah, if you can secure it up top, and the the box somehow, that should be pretty sturdy. Myself though, I would take the time to fabricate something stronger out of wood.

2 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

1 minute ago, Dafaseles said:

Forget my last post, I reread you would mount them right side up lol. 

Yeah, if you can secure it up top, and the the box somehow, that should be pretty sturdy. Myself though, I would take the time to fabricate something stronger out of wood.

Yeah good idea wouldnt take much to fab a amp rack of wood plus it would help to keep the back deck from flexing.

20 minutes ago, stingray72 said:

Thanks for your replies and help once again.  Ill take pics when its all done and after its broken in ill meter it with my termlab magnum.

I want to see this setup. Start a build log when you start

Archived