Sonic Electronix

Needs help music turn on delay

I have 2016 chevy malibu lt. I bought aftermarket headunit (Chinese brand Belsee) months ago. Just decided to move my subwoofer and mids amp and subs over to chevy from my other car. I lost/misplaced the audio out rca harness that plugs into the back of the headunit and ended up just buying a lc2i and tapped into the rear speakers for audio out. Issue is that after starting the car it takes about 5 minutes of driving then the subwoofer comes on followed by my door speakers which is powered by my Pioneer amp. 

So the factory speaker wires from the headunit, the 2 rears are going to the lc2i for rca out. The 2 front speakers aren't connected to anything. Would maybe trying speaker load resistors on the 2 front speaker wires help? I'm kinda thinking that since the 2 fronts coming from the headunit isn't connected to anything maybe it's cause it to initially not output music. But like I stated, the music eventually comes on and plays normally after about 5 minutes. But when I turn off car, timer restarts. Weird and I doubt anybody will believe me. And also it does the same thing with my 2nd loc also so I rule lc2i out

Thanks 

Check your connections 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Does the amp turn on right away or no

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

21 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

So the amplifiers power on, but get no sound

No sound right away but after 3 to 5 minutes after turning the car on, then both amps start outputing music like normal. Same issue with lc2i and regular loc. Speaker wire from the headunit directly to go to my lc2i. Should i reconnect factory amp and connect lc2i to amplified signal? 

Does the lc2i and the amplifiers power on right as the car is turned on? 

If they turn on, but there's no sound present for the 3 to 5 minutes, that's very out of the ordinary. I would bypass the head unit and LOC with an RCA to portable source jack (like to your phone or ipod), connect that straight to the amp, and see if the sound comes right out. Ruling out the amplifier as the culprit. 

If the amplifiers and LOC don't turn on right as the vehicle is started, in guessing its a remote wire problem. It could be loose inside the amp or LOC, or just connected wrong. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

6 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Does the lc2i and the amplifiers power on right as the car is turned on? 

If they turn on, but there's no sound present for the 3 to 5 minutes, that's very out of the ordinary. I would bypass the head unit and LOC with an RCA to portable source jack (like to your phone or ipod), connect that straight to the amp, and see if the sound comes right out. Ruling out the amplifier as the culprit. 

If the amplifiers and LOC don't turn on right as the vehicle is started, in guessing its a remote wire problem. It could be loose inside the amp or LOC, or just connected wrong. 

OK thanks I finally got it sorted. Was indeed the remote wire. I was running off the cig lighter fused. Also had the same remote wire powering 2 led strips. So maybe it wasn't carrying enough current. Funny thing is the led strips worked and both amps was always on. So yes everything is fully working

Archived