Sonic Electronix

I am going to be installing a full system in my 2015 F150 XL 2.7L. Everything is stock including electrical, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the electrical side of this install. I am curious as to if my stock alternator can handle around 2.5k watts, give or take, without any serious voltage drops or clipping in the amplifier. I’m not sure what amp I am going to get yet but I am planning on installing 2 12” Skar EVLs which are around 1200 rms, along with a 450.4 amplifier for my door speakers. Will my stock alternator be able to handle this power? Of course i’d also be installing an AGM battery. 

What size alternator is it mine is a 160a and I have 2 agm battery's running 3500 and it does fine no light dimming or anything 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

It really depends on what your alternator is rated at. I think 2500 might be pushing it a little as far as a stock electrical on a V6, although, being a dual turbo engine, the high revs might work on your favor. 

Does your truck have start/ stop? Also, another thing to look at is the charging system and how it works. If I'm not mistaken, those trucks have a voltage sensor in the negative terminal on the battery. I've heard horror stories about upgrading electrical in this trucks. But most have to do with upgrading the alternator. 

Lastly, to get the absolute most out of your stock system, do the big 3/4 upgrade with some quality OFC cable for maximum current flow. I've also read stories about people having huge problems getting a good ground on the aluminum bodies. If that's the case with you, I've read people just grounding straight to the battery has helped. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived