Second Skin Audio

Sundown SA V.2 12’s

Michaelj18099

1 hour ago, Michaelj18099 said:

For sure going to look into alternator and the big 3 upgrade and an extra battery. Any recommendations on brands pf high output alternators? Also who makes good OFC wire kits that aren’t ridiculously expansive but good quality. I hear skar is under sized. 

Mechman, just alts, brandx there's a couple good places just have to email them and get the details and I'm not really sure I just buy my 1/0 by the foot cause my big 3 is weird both my batteries are in the trunk 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 hour ago, Michaelj18099 said:

For sure going to look into alternator and the big 3 upgrade and an extra battery. Any recommendations on brands pf high output alternators? Also who makes good OFC wire kits that aren’t ridiculously expansive but good quality. I hear skar is under sized. 

As far as brands of alternators, mechman and brand x come to mind. Don't go cheap on your alternator! That's the heart of your whole vehicle! I've read too many horror stories about people cheaping out on their alternators and having nothing but headaches. 

Unfortunately, all good, high quality 1/0 OFC wire is going to be expensive. But, if you're ok with buying a hydrologic crimping tool off Amazon (like $80-$100) you can easily do it yourself with 1/0 Royal Excelene welding cable. It's not OFC, but it is pure copper. And you can find it for quite a bit cheaper than car audio OFC. The difference is in the size really. Car audio cable is oversized. Sometimes up to twice the size. It's also more flexible. 

Car audio OFC is rated about 350 amps per 20', and the welding cable is rated around 300 amps. That being said, you're not running crazy amounts of power, and depending on the size of the alternator you decide on, welding wire should do the trick just fine in my opinion

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived