Second Skin Audio

Re sex 12" v2

Jeremy009

Thinking of buying this sub. I got a box already 2.25cubes net tuned to 33hz and 800rms to power it. 

Anyone has experience with the sub? Will it work well in that box? Looking to get decent deep lows but be able to sound loud sometimes.

Any other sub recommendation will also be appreciated if they will perform better with my box and amp.

Thanks 

• Jeremy009 changed the title to Re sex 12" v2
16 hours ago, Joe X said:

Can you post your port area for the box you have available? Also if you know that the specs are right for a fact? Some prefabs for example come with phony specs.

Its not a pre fab box. The pot area is 35.75. The box is 2.25net. Port is 2.75" x 13"..34.5" long for a 33hz tune i believe

Here are the models for each sub you wanted:

Enclosure 2.25 net @ 33Hz, 800 WRMS:

dd612e (yellow)

xfire xfr 12  (blue)

Re sex 12" v2 (orange)

DIFF.png

The DD and the RE model very similar in small signal, I would still prefer the RE for the lows.

The Xfire has higher power handling and very peaky, will probably be louder and you can later upgrade to a higher power amp. The thing though is that I don't really know Xfire, so you will have to research yourself if they are legit or not.

There many subs that can work on 800W and that box but I can't just go through them all so hopefully others join to give suggestions.

For the time being I would pick the RE for the lows.

23 hours ago, Joe X said:

Here are the models for each sub you wanted:

Enclosure 2.25 net @ 33Hz, 800 WRMS:

dd612e (yellow)

xfire xfr 12  (blue)

Re sex 12" v2 (orange)

DIFF.png

The DD and the RE model very similar in small signal, I would still prefer the RE for the lows.

The Xfire has higher power handling and very peaky, will probably be louder and you can later upgrade to a higher power amp. The thing though is that I don't really know Xfire, so you will have to research yourself if they are legit or not.

There many subs that can work on 800W and that box but I can't just go through them all so hopefully others join to give suggestions.

For the time being I would pick the RE for the lows.

Hey buddy, thanks alot for the info. I leading towards the re but i keep hearing mixed views of the quality of re. Hopefully if anyone can chip in with recommendations. But thanks for the solid info.

Also the builder of the box said he used 16.6" per cube for port area. Is that to much? I can always give my pops this box if the port is off. But i want to stick with a 33hz tune for myself though, is there a more effective port area to use than the 16.6"?

You can use that box if the specs are as stated,

Vent airspeed:

VS.png

Cone excursion:

CE.png

You can see that on the box specs and power being used, operating conditions are within limits.

If you want to verify your box specs are as stated just post full dims and a pic.

What is true about your port area is that if the box is strong enough it could be used later on with a more powerful driver. but not that it would hurt this one.

3 hours ago, Joe X said:

You can use that box if the specs are as stated,

Vent airspeed:

VS.png

Cone excursion:

CE.png

You can see that on the box specs and power being used, operating conditions are within limits.

If you want to verify your box specs are as stated just post full dims and a pic.

What is true about your port area is that if the box is strong enough it could be used later on with a more powerful driver. but not that it would hurt this one.

So i did some measurements just now. The box outer dimensions are 32" x 14.5" × 16". The port is 3" x 13" when measured with a tape. The length of the vent is 34.5" going down the center. .75" wood was used with no baffles, with all corners braced. I contacted the builder an he confirmed 16.65 inch per cube was used for port area for a 2.25net box. The box also has some water soiling during to my local tinting man lol which is why am totally cool with redoing over a box that the re will love. The amp i got is a Rockford 750.1, birth sheet says 871rms @1ohm. If that box i stated is not ideal, are you able to give me a design? Just optimal port area and net box size. I know my way around a sub box, i want to try a diy on my own this time

Assuming a single layer baffle and 0.75 wood your box is 2.246 @ 33.7Hz with port area of 39 square inches, the driver displacement of the RE SEX 12 is 0.15 cubic feet, previous specs are with the driver installed.

Looks pretty in line with the curves above and a decent alignment to try, power should be fine. Group delay peaks at 28 msec so pretty decent too.

Archived